First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
The more Rivian slow roles their information release the more deflated I get. The fact that we're just getting a look at the interior in the 3rd week of the month that deliveries were expected just frustrates the hell out of me.

I already know what the UI and interior of the F150 lightning will be, and they're still a 9-12 months out.

And the whole excuse that rivian just doesn't want to release something that isn't representative of what you'll get is just nonsense. They still have plenty of old photos on their website that we know are of an older design and not representative of our purchase.

Rant complete.
until/unless it changes....

From the Ford Web Site;
  • Note.
    Information is provided on an "as is" basis and could include technical, typographical or other errors. Ford makes no warranties, representations, or guarantees of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to, accuracy, currency, or completeness, the operation of the Site, the information, materials, content, availability, and products. Ford reserves the right to change product specifications, pricing and equipment at any time without incurring obligations. Your Ford dealer is the best source of the most up-to-date information on Ford vehicles.
Sponsored

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Last edited:

ElectricDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
until/unless it changes....

From the Ford Web Site;
  • Note.
    Information is provided on an "as is" basis and could include technical, typographical or other errors. Ford makes no warranties, representations, or guarantees of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to, accuracy, currency, or completeness, the operation of the Site, the information, materials, content, availability, and products. Ford reserves the right to change product specifications, pricing and equipment at any time without incurring obligations. Your Ford dealer is the best source of the most up-to-date information on Ford vehicles.
I'm okay with the possibility that things may change. What I would not be happy with is eliminating features, increasing costs, and withholding information for reasons that no one can understand.

For example if Ford changes some colors or moves around some USB ports by the time production comes around I won't care. But if they reneg on they're mileage claims, or remove the V2H feature, or say that the driving assistance platform they plan to offer will no longer be offered, then I'll be upset.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
To be clear, I'm well aware of software development practices... that's my industry and I've shipped many a day zero patch in my career ?

My point is that some basic UI conventions and featureset may be in enough flux that they don't want to film the walkthrough yet until it's a little more polished or closer to production. The car UI is unlikely to be the long pole given how long they've been in the wild but I wouldn't be surprised if they're still iterating (especially things like media partnerships, games, mobile apps, etc. that we haven't seen yet.)
They can’t ship the truck or even show us the UI until all of those neat little Easter eggs are completely dialed in! ?

Sponsored

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
... are coming next week:

We're now at the "This week's info dump is that next week we'll have an info dump" stage of things, but honestly, at least we know they're alive over there.

I wonder if software is coming in a little hotter than expected? Seems like the only part that I wouldn't expect to be 100% dialed in by now.
EPA testing may be going slowly.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

breaking news! Rivian announces this week that you'll know next week what should of been known by now.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I

I understand they have this new “peashooter” UI button and they are tweaking the force of the ejection seat ballistics when pushed. Ludacris.
A hard choice for many of us to face ...

Rivian R1T R1S Interior Details! 1623519590701

OP
OP
kylealden

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Rivian has shown plenty of shots of the UI (both live in videos and various static comps on their site), they just haven't done an end to end walkthrough.

This is more than Tesla ever showed of the S/X refresh UI before their first deliveries this week.