Sponsored

Insurance Cost / Quotes / Premiums Thread

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Nationwide quote for LE R1T = $78/mo. Basically the same as my eTron.
Crazy. My quote from Nationwide was $220/mo, including multi-policy discounts. I have no tickets/claims/accidents on my record.
Sponsored

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
Crazy. My quote from Nationwide was $220/mo, including multi-policy discounts. I have no tickets/claims/accidents on my record.
Try progressive

Iwannarivian

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Panamera 4, Wrangler, MB C250, Civic Sport
Occupation
pretending to be retired
Clubs

Progressive quote was $537/6 mths

Rivian R1T R1S Insurance Cost / Quotes / Premiums Thread 8B9EC77D-026F-45FB-9F9A-608CB8F633BA

Rivian R1T R1S Insurance Cost / Quotes / Premiums Thread F66387C9-B3E4-40A4-953F-F80B0C4132C8

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Just a reminder, make sure the coverages provided by the other carriers match Nationwide's. Will they cover losses and towing/assistance off-road? Rivian OEM parts and glass?

Also best to confirm Nationwide's coverage questions above yourself before making any decision.

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
I ran a quote yesterday through USAA. I currently have a 2017 Tacoma TRD 4x4 fully loaded, live in the Los Angeles area. Quote came in 85 dollars more.

Side note just for kicks I quoted a 2021 Ford Raptor, being as they cost about the same I was curious. Came in only 38 dollars more than my taco. ?

Sponsored

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
Just a reminder, make sure the coverages provided by the other carriers match Nationwide's. Will they cover losses and towing/assistance off-road? Rivian OEM parts and glass?

Also best to confirm Nationwide's coverage questions above yourself before making any decision.
@DuckTruck - Appreciate your insight here given this is your area of expertise (at least one of them!). Have you decided whether you are going to go with the Rivian/Nationwide offering? I'm waiting to get my quote back and I've got some time (Feb. 2020 LE reservation), but I'm curious as to what people who really know the insurance industry are going to do.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

@DuckTruck - Appreciate your insight here given this is your area of expertise (at least one of them!). Have you decided whether you are going to go with the Rivian/Nationwide offering? I'm waiting to get my quote back and I've got some time (Feb. 2020 LE reservation), but I'm curious as to what people who really know the insurance industry are going to do.
I’m still waiting to see what my current carrier quotes for the Rivian, once it is fully uploaded and recognized by their rating system. Leaning towards Rivian/Nationwide for all of the autos, at least. The guarantee to use Rivian parts and glass, along with extensive off-road coverage, makes me feel much more comfortable than foregoing those advantages.

mikeB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Chevy Colorado
Clubs

Had a very productive call with Rivian Insurance team member. Kim followed up with my April inquiry and is well versed and experienced. As it turns out Rivians quote for our current vehicles and bundled homeowners as underwritten by Cincinnati Casualty Company will save us 30+% over Progressive. Interesting to note that a Rivian when added will be less than a Tesla Model S. Other than the costs savings the only other benefit will be the ease of adding our Rivians when that time comes. I recommend them.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Per ConsumerReports, Nationwide is one of their lowest rated companies.

Aitopilot

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic
Occupation
Pilot
Clubs

Just received a call from Rivian Insurance. I will be getting a quote in a couple days for my R1T Adventure package. No, I have not been contacted by my guide but its nice that I will have an idea what the cost will be for the insurance. The underwriters are Nationwide and Cincinnati Financial. I will share once I receive it.

Sponsored

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Rivian broker said he couldn't provide me a competitive quote for my vehicles ( I have State Farm) and isn't even allowed to quote my homes (So Cal Fire areas). So I guess I will have to add the R1T to State Farm or get it separately through nationwide.

MarkieSharkie

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Designer
I tried to get a quote from AAA and they couldn't even give me one without a VIN (weird). Tried on Geico using the same coverage as my current policy and got it to $220/mo. I currently pay $150/mo on my 2018 Forester XT (I live in Bay Area, California).

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Rivian broker said he couldn't provide me a competitive quote for my vehicles ( I have State Farm) and isn't even allowed to quote my homes (So Cal Fire areas). So I guess I will have to add the R1T to State Farm or get it separately through nationwide.
Same for me, they said thier rates are not competitive with what I have, did not give any numbers.

I currently have State Farm in Southern CA, been with them for 34 years, here was the Rivian Brokers response. I asked to quote for 2 vehicles, 2 houses (neither in fire or flood zones), and an umbrella policy.

Rivian R1T R1S Insurance Cost / Quotes / Premiums Thread 1631739667227

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Same for me, they said thier rates are not competitive with what I have, did not give any numbers.

I currently have State Farm in Southern CA, been with them for 34 years, here was the Rivian Brokers response. I asked to quote for 2 vehicles, 2 houses (neither in fire or flood zones), and an umbrella policy.

1631739667227.png
My email was the same, except he didn't even give me a quote for the R1T. The only reason State Farm insured my home (fire area) was because I already had a condo insured with them.

On the OEM endorsement- I doubt there will be any aftermarket parts available for Rivian, unless Rivian sells their old stamping machines someday. Might be a good idea for glass though.