Sponsored

I don't feel valued as a customer

Rivncoaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
I understand that some people are frustrated with the long wait and lack of transparency regarding delivery of their Rivians. As someone who waited for almost four years, I can empathize with this frustration. However, I believe that it's important to remember that Rivian has shown that they care about their customers by honoring the legacy pricing. Delivery logistics can be a challenging aspect of any business, and Rivian is no exception(ask @EV Sportline ). Let's show our support for Rivian and their incredible product, which they have managed to create even in the midst of a global pandemic. Established companies were having a difficult time manufacturing enough toilet paper! I encourage everyone to be patient and trust that it will be worth the wait. Personally, I have been driving my R1s for a few months now, and it has exceeded my expectations. In fact, it's the best automotive I've owned, even surpassing my M4.
Sponsored

OP
OP

DallasRivianR1S

First Name
Krispi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
big wheel
Occupation
donut maker
that's exactly my point, (agree w mitchel 674). more transparency and fairness. i agree, its a tough environment for manufacturing, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't honestly correspond with your customers.
And, the cutting of the line is absurd, very unfair. Supply line constraints did not affect their ability to communicate openly and honestly.

as for Rivian honoring legacy pricing showing they care about their customers, I don't buy that. they honored the pricing after a backlash and cancellations.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Since he put a deposit down, I would disagree.
Literally the first statement of the pre-order agreement is "No Obligations"

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
Rivian is not a good communicator and there has been inconsistency in who gets their vehicle and when. That said, I am glad I waited almost 4 years. There is nothing wrong with not liking how poorly Rivian communicates with you about your pre-order.

Sponsored

Zybane

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor 37
Occupation
Military Pilot
Literally the first statement of the pre-order agreement is "No Obligations"
Rivian R1T R1S I don't feel valued as a customer 1680385028377

You better tell Rivian to remove the word "customer" from all of their publications for reservation holders, oh and also change their email address. :angel:

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
that's exactly my point, (agree w mitchel 674). more transparency and fairness. i agree, its a tough environment for manufacturing, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't honestly correspond with your customers.
And, the cutting of the line is absurd, very unfair. Supply line constraints did not affect their ability to communicate openly and honestly.

as for Rivian honoring legacy pricing showing they care about their customers, I don't buy that. they honored the pricing after a backlash and cancellations.
Tell me what auto company communicates open and honestly per your definition? Tesla? Ford? Chevy?

OP
OP

DallasRivianR1S

First Name
Krispi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
big wheel
Occupation
donut maker
Tell me what auto company communicates open and honestly per your definition? Tesla? Ford? Chevy?
I don't think saying other companies have poor communication is a good defense for their poor communication. it is reasonable to ask for better. the German and Japanese luxury brands communicate much better

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I don't think saying other companies have poor communication is a good defense for their poor communication. it is reasonable to ask for better. the German and Japanese luxury brands communicate much better
That’s not my experience. I’ve had a VW and a few Toyotas and Rivian has had much more communication than either.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

That’s not my experience. I’ve had a VW and a few Toyotas and Rivian has had much more communication than either.
VW and Toyota are not luxury brands.

Sponsored

Honey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge 2013
Occupation
Firefighter
We are not here to talk about them after all this is a rivian forums to discuss rivian (pre)orders. This "whataboutisms" is unnecessary

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
We are not here to talk about them after all this is a rivian forums to discuss rivian (pre)orders. This "whataboutisms" is unnecessary
Sure. I feel like rivian has been much more forthcoming than any other company I’ve directly dealt with.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Sure. I feel like rivian has been much more forthcoming than any other company I’ve directly dealt with.
I wouldn't go as far as this guy and say ANY company but I do agree that Rivian has been the best dealings I've had in the automotive space without a doubt.
Sponsored