First Name
Krispi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
big wheel
Occupation
donut maker
i pre-ordered 3/1/2021. got pushed back twice already. Current delivery date is July-September. i mentioned to Rivian that I need another car ASAP. My daughter requires a car, and I wanted to give her my Accord. I can't do that without another vehicle to drive.
I told emailed them many times letting them know that I am flexible on color and options, but it took 3 emails to even get a response. And the response was a form letter. Not sure if they even read my emails. I even offered to pick up at the factory.
I showed them links from this forum, about people in Dallas who ordered after me, who already have their R1S. This is because they 1st told me, that I am being pushed back as I am not near a service center. (there is one 5 miles from my house).
I even had to reach out over 5 times before I got a call back about a demo drive. The demo drive (in Dallas), was very short. R1S drove great, and looked to be well put together. Seems like an amazing vehicle.
Doing my best to wait, even got some of my friends to put down deposits for R1Ss. Throughout the whole process, I have not felt that I was valued as a customer. I don't feel the communications have been timely, honest or forthright.
Hopefully they get through these growing pains. Poor customer service can certainly ruin even the best product experience.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Technically you're not a customer yet.

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
you are correct, let me modify.
I don't feel valued as a pre-customer
your experience sucks, but let me tell you something, Son. All of us are dealing with or have dealed with that and worse. I ordered well before you and have the same delivery window.

What about me?! Why aren't you saying anything about me and those that ordered before me

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
you are correct, let me modify.
I don't feel valued as a pre-customer
I felt this way as a pre-customer too. Don't worry, eventually these feelings will subside.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

If you're willing to switch to the R1T, I bet you'll get it a lot sooner. R1S's are still a pretty limited quantity.

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

For context, do you have a guide? If the "they" that you are reaching out to are the CS folks in the chat function on the site vs your guide, that would impact how your experience compares to others, I believe.

MDH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, LE R1T
Occupation
Retired Chemical Engineer
i pre-ordered 3/1/2021. got pushed back twice already. Current delivery date is July-September. i mentioned to Rivian that I need another car ASAP. My daughter requires a car, and I wanted to give her my Accord. I can't do that without another vehicle to drive.
I told emailed them many times letting them know that I am flexible on color and options, but it took 3 emails to even get a response. And the response was a form letter. Not sure if they even read my emails. I even offered to pick up at the factory.
I showed them links from this forum, about people in Dallas who ordered after me, who already have their R1S. This is because they 1st told me, that I am being pushed back as I am not near a service center. (there is one 5 miles from my house).
I even had to reach out over 5 times before I got a call back about a demo drive. The demo drive (in Dallas), was very short. R1S drove great, and looked to be well put together. Seems like an amazing vehicle.
Doing my best to wait, even got some of my friends to put down deposits for R1Ss. Throughout the whole process, I have not felt that I was valued as a customer. I don't feel the communications have been timely, honest or forthright.
Hopefully they get through these growing pains. Poor customer service can certainly ruin even the best product experience.
I waited 3 years 4 months and 17 days for my R1T. I'm 250 miles from a SC and many ordered after me and got theirs first. Those of us who have been following Rivian daily from Jan of 2019 know the ups and downs of their communication. All I can say is the vehicle was worth the wait. Your urgent need of a vehicle is your issue, not theirs. If you hang in there you'll be rewarded. If not, se la vie.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DallasRivianR1S

First Name
Krispi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
big wheel
Occupation
donut maker
your experience sucks, but let me tell you something, Son. All of us are dealing with or have dealed with that and worse. I ordered well before you and have the same delivery window.

What about me?! Why aren't you saying anything about me and those that ordered before me
your experience upsets me as well. we should not have the same delivery window since you ordered way before me. this process needs to be more transparent and consistent

OP
OP

DallasRivianR1S

First Name
Krispi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
big wheel
Occupation
donut maker
For context, do you have a guide? If the "they" that you are reaching out to are the CS folks in the chat function on the site vs your guide, that would impact how your experience compares to others, I believe.
no guide yet

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I understand it’s hard to wait, but no manufacturer will change your order status based on you wanting to give your daughter your current car ASAP.

You ordered the S, which was slow to start being delivered because they decided to focus on the T. They are ramping up production, but the best bet if you’re flexible is to beg Rivian for access to the R1 Shop. That will be harder without a guide, but I would call in frequently. You might get lucky.

OP
OP

DallasRivianR1S

First Name
Krispi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
big wheel
Occupation
donut maker
I waited 3 years 4 months and 17 days for my R1T. I'm 250 miles from a SC and many ordered after me and got theirs first. Those of us who have been following Rivian daily from Jan of 2019 know the ups and downs of their communication. All I can say is the vehicle was worth the wait. Your urgent need of a vehicle is your issue, not theirs. If you hang in there you'll be rewarded. If not, se la vie.
I don't disagree with you MDH. It is my issue. However, the decision to place an order was predicated on timelines they communicated. For many (myself included), a vehicle is a need, not a want. i tired to plan in advance, but as they say, "man plans, and god laughs"

nevertheless, their communication can certainly improve

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

no guide yet
Yeah, so I think there's a big difference between phone & chat CS vs guides. I was assigned a guide like two weeks before I was about to get pushed back and a conversation with my guide got me an R1S in... 10 days? Any attempt to get CS to give me shop access got me nowhere. I think it's a difference of capability and access. Guide experiences here vary, but in general, I think people see much more activity/response/etc. from guides. Doesn't help you much other than to say, "wait for a guide".
Sponsored