Has Your Guide Gone MIA?

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
Just curious what others have experienced. I took delivery at end of March and had some initial issues that have been worked out by Rivian. I was trying to get one last thing resolved and my Guide went unresponsive for the last 3 weeks. It's not a super bid deal, I was just wondering if anyone else has had their guide just drop into oblivion? I actually had someone at the local service center give me their personal cell phone number so we could correspond on that final issue - which he ended up resolving like a champ! He hinted that Rivian did not like them doing that, but that he wanted to help me out. I get Rivian wanting everything to come from the mothership, but it is pretty silly when you can't even call the local service center directly and have to go through their main number. I just wonder how long the "Guide" program will last in reality.
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Well by definition yes, my guide is on maternity leave. I was given a substitute guide and he has been responsive regarding my registration issues as my temp plates are expiring sOOn!

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
The guide program seems to make sense for the ordering and delivery process but I don't know why they would keep the guide around more than a few weeks after delivery. To me a guide is akin to a salesperson from a legacy dealership. My last car my salesman helped me out with some stuff right after delivery but since then I just call the service department to deal with issues. A guide for the lifetime of the vehicle seems unsustainable.

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

Mine is MIA, but I have dealt with other CS personnel and they even said she was available and would copy her in on our coms. Still no touch back from her...

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
My guide has been great! Very responsive, thorough, and proactive. When I lost my 1st VIN, he found me a replacement VIN in less than a week. Keep in mind their workload has increased with deliveries ramping up with the R1T, but nonetheless my guide has been amazing. Can also say the same for the folks I talked to/chatted in CEC. Have had a great experience thus far.

s12dxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE - LA Silver
Clubs

My guide hasn't been MIA per se, but i'd say very hard to get a hold of since delivery, and really hasn't been helpful with any of the issues i've brought up (service issues, registration, lack of wrist band key, etc). Overall i'm not very impressed with the guide concept.

Service on the other hand has been great and super responsive. The local folks are wonderful in Portland, and are very responsive.
Sponsored