Sponsored

Has anyone seen limestone color in person?

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
We ordered an adventure RS1 in limestone, but are a little confused about the color. From our monitors, phones and tablets it looks bluish grey. But some people say it might be yet another Rivian shade of green. I actually asked my neighbor who works at the Irvine Rivian headquarters and he says he has never seen one. He even periodically brings home RT1 and RS1 long range testers, but hasn't seen one. I mean, he isn't too much of a detailed guy when it comes to that kind of thing, but even I have memorized the color names at this point.

He did have Rivian Blue RT1 at home over the weekend, so I of course eased my way to his driveway while getting my mail. We talked about radio and I got a chance to hear the Meridian sound system at high level of volume. It did sound pretty amazing, but it was classic rock for frame of reference (AC/DC highway to hell). He did mention that a manual retractable tonneau cover was probably going to be an option. He also said they just got a few completed grey (my guess is silver) 7 seater RS1s for testing, so he was planning on asking to borrow one of those when available. He did say they aren't vehicles that are supposed to be parked in public, so very limited on where he can drive it. He does have a preorder for an RS1, so I'm sure he is very interested in that.
Sponsored

dyb51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 M3 Coupe
Highway to Hell...good song...great album! Like many, very interested in the Limestone reveal...whenever that may be. In the meantime, i'll continue rocking out to Powerage!

RIP Bon

db

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
I volunteer to take one for the team and let Rivian deliver me the first Limestone R1T... sight unseen. I promise I'll take good care of it.

JEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, 2016 Volvo S60
Occupation
Technical Support
Maybe they are holding it back for the R1S launch. It would add a little excitement to show the 1st production R1S in limestone !

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Maybe they are holding it back for the R1S launch. It would add a little excitement to show the 1st production R1S in limestone !
I thought about that also. Maybe they will show it off for the new factory announcement?

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
Thats the color I ordered but I can change the color monthly on my order as it won't be in production until 2025 :D

kckyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Hi Everyone. I have LE preorder R1S June/July delivery window and I chose the $1500 limestone paint but have been debating if I should just do LE green. I would really like to see limestone before I finalize my order. I happened to be driving from Chicago to KC so I stopped at the factory yesterday. Lots of R1T in the parking lot. I saw white, Rivian blue, forest green, grey and launch green. I walked in the front door with my whole family like we were just going to look around as we please :). You can see them being built right behind the glass of the lobby. Very cool. The guy was nice but quickly said we have to leave. Before we left I asked him if he had seen a limestone and he said "I don't think they are going to offer that color anymore". This was just a guy at the front desk so doesn't hold much weight but still interesting he would say that. Its still offered on the website and there were lots of other colors not represented in the parking lot.

Has anyone seen limestone in person?

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Hi Everyone. I have LE preorder R1S June/July delivery window and I chose the $1500 limestone paint but have been debating if I should just do LE green. I would really like to see limestone before I finalize my order. I happened to be driving from Chicago to KC so I stopped at the factory yesterday. Lots of R1T in the parking lot. I saw white, Rivian blue, forest green, grey and launch green. I walked in the front door with my whole family like we were just going to look around as we please :). You can see them being built right behind the glass of the lobby. Very cool. The guy was nice but quickly said we have to leave. Before we left I asked him if he had seen a limestone and he said "I don't think they are going to offer that color anymore". This was just a guy at the front desk so doesn't hold much weight but still interesting he would say that. Its still offered on the website and there were lots of other colors not represented in the parking lot.

Has anyone seen limestone in person?
I saw a sample of it at a first mile event. Cloudy day so it was just grey.

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

I saw a sample of it at a first mile event. Cloudy day so it was just grey.
the only thing people have seen are the swatches. CS told me about 3 weeks back that the color is real and that is was still absolutely going to be produced. but if anyone has had exp with CS, you need to take everything they say with a grain of salt.

at this point, you'd think they would have stopped tinkering with it and figured out what the final look is. i dont know what the hold up could be. if they are planning not to offer that color i wish they would just come out and say that so those of us who selected

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
the only thing people have seen are the swatches. CS told me about 3 weeks back that the color is real and that is was still absolutely going to be produced. but if anyone has had exp with CS, you need to take everything they say with a grain of salt.

at this point, you'd think they would have stopped tinkering with it and figured out what the final look is. i dont know what the hold up could be. if they are planning not to offer that color i wish they would just come out and say that so those of us who selected
I asked my Guide about Limestone the other day, and when we would be able to see it:

"Limestone is a bit of an enigma, like the Yeti. Many claim to have seen it, but there's no hard proof it actually exists in the wild. Haha! I saw some here at the plant, but I haven't been out there for quite a while, so I'm unsure where they might have ran off to. There will be pictures for all to see in no time. It might be a bit hard to get a true representation from the configurator."

kckyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Thanks for the replies and links to other discussions. I guess I'll hurry up and wait.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
different colours can have issues with plasticizers etc. Can be very very hard to get some Paints to match on plastic vs metal etc. may be some of it.
Sponsored