OP

Zeus1810

First Name
Zeus1810
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
It’s been a long journey, but after 4 months I have finally found out that my R1T has been totaled due to hail damage. My insurance company did a good job taking care of me (USAA). I love my R1T, but not sure I’ll get another due to the expense of repair. Rivian makes a great product!!! Just can’t justify at this time. RIP R1T
Sponsored

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
That's terrible, but I've seen worse that was completely fixed by PDR and looked like brand new again (with the obvious exception of the glass).

I'm surprised that they totaled it, but I guess that's good for you.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
It’s been a long journey, but after 4 months I have finally found out that my R1T has been totaled due to hail damage. My insurance company did a good job taking care of me (USAA). I love my R1T, but not sure I’ll get another due to the expense of repair. Rivian makes a great product!!! Just can’t justify at this time. RIP R1T
Understandable...but you wouldn't have wanted it back after that much damage anyway. I love the truck, but if my rates get raised again for no reason, I might cry uncle too. :confused:

OP
OP

Zeus1810

First Name
Zeus1810
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
That's terrible, but I've seen worse that was completely fixed by PDR and looked like brand new again (with the obvious exception of the glass).

They claimed PDR would not work with that much damage. All panels needed replacing as well as windshield and roof

Sponsored

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
They claimed PDR would not work with that much damage. All panels needed replacing as well as windshield and roof
It would work. I'm telling you, I've seen much worse that was repaired. Your totaled vehicle will most likely be purchased by someone who does PDR in a Copart auction and the guy will make some good money reselling it after he gets the dents out and replaces the broken glass.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus

With that many dents, no way PDR is economical to the tech or the one paying for repairs. The labor on one panel alone could amount to buying multiple new panels.

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

With that many dents, no way PDR is economical to the tech or the one paying for repairs. The labor on one panel alone could amount to buying multiple new panels.
Unless it's the PDR guy themself who buys it, and does the labor in their spare time.

Who knows, they might even learn the intricacies of Rivian and go into business just for those lucrative Rivian repairs, LOL. 😆

ndmiller

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Incoming
Occupation
Retailler
Clubs

Glad USAA took care of you, they are good people. I think your R1T would make a great PDR training vehicle for a big PDR shop and they can deduct as a business expense. Fix 1/2 the truck and use it as rolling advertisement.

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Glad to hear USAA took care of you. Four months sounds like a long time for it to happen.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I would have to think hard about getting another if it happened to me as well. Although the cost of repairs and insurance for everything is off the charts right now. This could happen with any vehicle.

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
Which is why it was totaled. But what I'm saying is that someone who does PDR can buy that R1S at auction, spend some time on it, and make a great profit considering the damage is limited to body panels and glass.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
This is where you start to appreciate the user replaceable plastic vehicle skin panels and carbon fiber roof and hood on the BMW i3. Stuff like hail and shopping carts just bounce of the plastic panels vs. denting them. Other than some possible paint scars, that vehicle probably would have come out of it with hardly any damage at all. If needed, you can swap out a door skin on an i3 in under 10 minutes.
Sponsored