Sponsored

Guide Contacts & Counting by Thanksgiving?? Can they do it??

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

I chatted with CS this morning and they said they are in the production phase just before starting the ramp.

It occurred to me that Rivian has 6,000+ employees and that all of Rivian’s production so far could easily be consumed by employee (customers). Conservatively 500+.

I support employees getting their vehicles first. Employees make or break a company. Especially true when a company is in a high stress situation.
Sponsored

Last edited:

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
To add further stress to this issue of waiting for an R1T (Max pack with no idea of delivery date), my local Ford Dealer just texted me. When can I come in and work out my Build sheet for F-150 Lightning! I asked can I get a Demo ride? No, we will not be receiving a Demo. Ok, when could I anticipate taking delivery? As of now, Ford is telling dealers (per this dealer) 16-20 weeks. There are some things I like about the Lightning and my wife likes, but I think I'll have to roll the dice and just stick with Rivian. Hoping things look brighter as we get into 2022.
Looked on the Ford forum and didn't see any updates on online configuration being up yet . Keep me posted on that as I have an early Lighting time stamp

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
Looked on the Ford forum and didn't see any updates on online configuration being up yet . Keep me posted on that as I have an early Lighting time stamp
My dealer did the same. I also have a very early Bronco pre order. They asked me if I wanted to convert that into a Bronco Raptor order that should deliver summer of 2022. I don't know if that is right or a load of BS, but if a Bronco Raptor was ready before my R1T, that would be a tough decision, for me anyhow.

Reactions: Rad

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Sorry for the false alarm. I called my dealer and spoke with the General Manager. He said the Internet Manager that contacted me was basically wrong on everything. He said, yes, you are high on our list and we were just reaching out to those with reservations. He said we have not heard of much lately on the Lightning from Ford. He said, honestly we have our hands full with delivering Bronco's and now Mavericks. He also said the ordering process will not open until after the new year and he said, a wild guess would be maybe next summer that you could get a Lightning. He also doubts that he will get any demos. They have 1 Demo Bronco for those that pre-ordered can drive, no demo's coming for the Mavericks as of now, only customer trucks. This did make me re-think, Ok, which truck would my wife and I really want? R1T. Even the Ford GM when I told him I'd been waiting almost 3 years for the R1T said, that's one amazing truck!

Sponsored

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
No problem word on the lighting forum is order book opens up end of October unless they catch the s00n disease then all bets are off

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

No problem word on the lighting forum is order book opens up end of October unless they catch the s00n disease then all bets are off
If you are not an early reservation then you will probably not see your Lightning until 2023.

I am 6/3/21 reservation, in the 90,000 Lightning crowd and don’t expect to get a Lightning until late 2023 early 2024.

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
That is great. Which would you prefer? Rivian R1T or Lightning?

I greatly prefer the R1T.
For my use case the R1T bed size is an issue. I also promised myself if I was going to spend 80K on an EV it was going to have 300 mile range. R1TLE as configured doesn't. We'll just have to see how the Lighting pans out closer to launch

Sponsored

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
…Not to mention the absolute joy and proctology-like feeling of walking into a Ford dealership, the upsell speech with the finance department—“you must be crazy to not want $3000 wheel protection!” Then keep your fingers crossed that they don’t add an extra surprise “dealership markup of $5000” on the Lightning MSRP, even with a deposit, since they could sell it right away at that price to someone else, just like they do on the full size Sasquatch first edition Bronco! I sure won’t miss the dealership Bend-Over Waltz.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
I have a late rivian res and an early f150 res. ...my preference is the rivian.

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
…Not to mention the absolute joy and proctology-like feeling of walking into a Ford dealership, the upsell speech with the finance department—“you must be crazy to not want $3000 wheel protection!” Then keep your fingers crossed that they don’t add an extra surprise “dealership markup of $5000” on the Lightning MSRP, even with a deposit, since they could sell it right away at that price to someone else, just like they do on the full size Sasquatch first edition Bronco! I sure won’t miss the dealership Bend-Over Waltz.
Well you know the coming s00n Waltz isn't sitting much better with me

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
I've generally been/trying to be positive (it's getting tougher), but there is one gripe I have and I'm not sure where else to put it:

Why don't they update the video on the landing page when you log into your account? It's still the Guide introduction video from March. They clearly have a lot more/newer content, and this seems easy. I get slightly annoyed every time I login and am greeted by a video what is now 7 months old. Put something from the test drives, or the TAT, or... something, anything newer!

/rant over.

1633712984761.png
I hate to "masterpost" here, but I just logged into my account and was delighted to see a different video on the landing page! However, I'm pretty sure it's somehow an older video than the Guide announcement one (it's the short one where RJ mentions testing in all environments, etc.). So progress(?), kind of, sort of.

It made me laugh, so just thought I'd share. I know the video on the landing page is pretty irrelevant in the scheme of things.

Skigh

First Name
Skigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Well we just enjoyed our Thanksgiving Holiday here in Canada and I've heard nothing.... I guess they didn't mean our Thanksgiving....
Sponsored