Sponsored

Guide Contacts & Counting by Thanksgiving?? Can they do it??

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
I'm most alarmed that there haven't been ANY new reports of guide contacts since at least August. The guides are obviously still around to help those who have already been contacted, but I can't imagine that keeps them very busy if they aren't adding new contacts to the mix. I'd like to know what they do with all their time. Maybe it looks like the service center employees who sit around playing with their cell phones.
It was a charade in June. Many of the contacts felt random. Those that had contacts don't know any more than the rest of us. If we (2018ers) don't get contacted in the next 2 weeks I think we will get the bot email in late Nov, which will buy them many weeks in Dec to be able to push deliveries into spring. Hope I'm wrong.
Sponsored

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
I think they are waiting to start guide outreach and actual non-employee customer deliveries until after they've fixed the tonneau and other issues we've heard about. Not sure when that'll be.
I would honestly prefer this.

I don't want to get my truck and then have to bring it in (or have the Service Van Dude) have to tear my truck apart to replace/fix the tonneau or other quirks.

I want to take my truck, get the PPF and Ceramic done, and go have fun with it... not have to worry about a TSB popping up right out of the gate.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
Agree with the others that:
1) You're way overestimating the number of LEs based on that poll. Rivian wanted a small number so they can meet an "all LEs delivered" deadline pretty quickly after they start. That's why LE orders shut down abruptly a few days in.

2) Guide contacts will be defined as the initial email saying "Hi, I'm your guide and we hope to get you a R1 by March." Those can be sent in bulk via automated process the day before Thanksgiving and the deadline will be "met." Can't read anything into staffing, but the pause itself is worrisome as it signals they're not really ready to deliver en masse.

I think they are waiting to start guide outreach and actual non-employee customer deliveries until after they've fixed the tonneau and other issues we've heard about. Not sure when that'll be.

If a lot of Tonneau covers weren't working , must be a design flaw? Hope that's not the case.

But the silence is telling me to not get my hopes up, and instead expect the truck after the new year.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

So if deliveries are going to stretch well into next year, are some of us going to get 2023 model year cars?
Depending on pre order date, location and configuration IMO a good many of us will get 2023 vehicles.

I have set my expectation for summer 2023 (pre order 3/20/21).

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I know they won't.... but if Rivian came clean about a powered Tonneau cover snafu, I would happily accept the manual cover without asking for compensation other than GETTING MY TRUCK s0000ner!

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
I know they won't.... but if Rivian came clean about a powered Tonneau cover snafu, I would happily accept the manual cover without asking for compensation other than GETTING MY TRUCK s0000ner!
It's funny. When I first heard the announcement that all LE preorders will get contacted by Thanksgiving I defined it as a constant trickle of contacts in Sept, Oct, and Nov. Now it seems it will be one email dump on the last days of Nov. Anyway, I feel like I did in early June. Angry at myself for putting so much emotional energy into this. I ended up checking out of all this craziness and enjoyed my summer. Time to do the same now!

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
Depending on pre order date, location and configuration IMO a good many of us will get 2023 vehicles.

I have set my expectation for summer 2023 (pre order 3/20/21).
I think your going to get your truck s00ner than that. RJ has been quoted he expects to fill all preorders they had up to Sept 30th by the end of 22. Also they have 48k or so total preorders for the r1s and r1t. We don't know the split but let's say 30k are r1t, at least 25% won't convert to actual orders. That puts an
agressive number they need to build at 23k. That's less than 1/2 the quoted full capacity of the plant.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

I think your going to get your truck s00ner than that. RJ has been quoted he expects to fill all preorders they had up to Sept 30th by the end of 22. Also they have 48k or so total preorders for the r1s and r1t. We don't know the split but let's say 30k are r1t, at least 25% won't convert to actual orders. That puts an
agressive number they need to build at 23k. That's less than 1/2 the quoted full capacity of the plant.
I hope you are right. ?

TAZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
There's a Facebook post showing number 6 customer delivery at a charging station with a motorcycle in its bed. It's slow going if thats the case!

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

There's a Facebook post showing number 6 customer delivery at a charging station with a motorcycle in its bed. It's slow going if thats the case!

That's also an employee as well.

xyskis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 4Runner, Sprinter
Occupation
Surgeon, engineer
This is tiresome. Rivian should provide better guidance around delivery expectations rather than soon/stand-by. Many were expecting true deliveries in September, even 100 deliveries to start, but it's somewhat clear that hasn't happened. Starting to lose trust in Rivian based on their crappy communications which is similar to Tesla.

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
This is tiresome. Rivian should provide better guidance around delivery expectations rather than soon/stand-by. Many were expecting true deliveries in September, even 100 deliveries to start, but it's somewhat clear that hasn't happened. Starting to lose trust in Rivian based on their crappy communications which is similar to Tesla.
I just had someone tell me during a chat with customer service, that they "hope" to have contacted all LE pre order holders by the end of Thanksgiving. Don't know if he misspoke or if that is the new "hope."

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
I've generally been/trying to be positive (it's getting tougher), but there is one gripe I have and I'm not sure where else to put it:

Why don't they update the video on the landing page when you log into your account? It's still the Guide introduction video from March. They clearly have a lot more/newer content, and this seems easy. I get slightly annoyed every time I login and am greeted by a video what is now 7 months old. Put something from the test drives, or the TAT, or... something, anything newer!

/rant over.

Rivian R1T R1S Guide Contacts & Counting by Thanksgiving?? Can they do it?? 1633712984761
Sponsored