First Name
Noam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Contractor
Does anyone has a good solution for reducing radiant heat and total heat gain from the roof glass?
Sponsored

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

https://a.co/d/d8c55sZ

I bought this one which helps to block heat and isn't very expensive.
I have the same one. No clips. No magnets. Fits well. Inexpensive. Has a reflective surface on the top. Doing well in the early summer/late spring desert heat so far (highs in the high 90F's).

Sponsored

clcbjc123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tahoe and Z07
Tint it and be done. Sorry but those shades look shitty. This forum blows my mind, people are so cheap but spend $80k on a vehicle.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Tint it and be done. Sorry but those shades look shitty. This forum blows my mind, people are so cheap but spend $80k on a vehicle.
It may not be a cost thing. Could it be that some people like the glass roof as-is in certain conditions (like winter) and want to block everything in others (like summer)?

Phatman113

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
What really baffles me about this forum is how judgy people get about what other people do with their own truck...

You don't even have to look at it. It would have cost you nothing to just hit the "ignore" button on this thread, but you had to make sure others knew how judgy you are.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

What really baffles me about this forum is how judgy people get about what other people do with their own truck...

You don't even have to look at it. It would have cost you nothing to just hit the "ignore" button on this thread, but you had to make sure others knew how judgy you are.
It’s an ongoing problem, maybe in society in general, that people seem more likely to lack empathy. It’s like some folks cannot comprehend that other people may have different wants and needs while remaining human beings.

Sponsored

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
He also forgot that there are mixed reports about roof tinting. Some thinks that it is may Crack it later. I'm waiting on someone to develops the shade for the r1s roof

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

I have the same one. No clips. No magnets. Fits well. Inexpensive. Has a reflective surface on the top. Doing well in the early summer/late spring desert heat so far (highs in the high 90F's).
The BestEVMod shade uses clips, so you must have a different product.

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL MT SH-AWD, CBR 600RR ABS, R1T
I considered white 3M vinyl on outside to keep heat out. Worry is that it may crack roof. It is also a hassle to put it on and remove every summer.

The OG glass absorbs suns radiation very well, but it gets hot and heats my head. A darker tint would probably do the same and heat the glass even more. I believe reflective ceramic tints work well only on glass that is clear to begin with. I will be happy to be wrong though

I might just get those interior shades mentioned in the previous posts.
Sponsored