First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
I considered white 3M vinyl on outside to keep heat out. Worry is that it may crack roof. It is also a hassle to put it on and remove every summer.

The OG glass absorbs suns radiation very well, but it gets hot and heats my head. A darker tint would probably do the same and heat the glass even more. I believe reflective ceramic tints work well only on glass that is clear to begin with. I will be happy to be wrong though

I might just get those interior shades mentioned in the previous posts.
I just ordered the BestEVMod one, it's got clips, though that style of clip worked well in my Model 3, and it comes with a reflective sheet to put on the top for the REALLY sunny days. I was very happy with a similar style for the Model 3, so I'm hopeful that this'll be what I'm really wanting.
Sponsored

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL MT SH-AWD, CBR 600RR ABS, R1T
I just ordered the BestEVMod one, it's got clips, though that style of clip worked well in my Model 3, and it comes with a reflective sheet to put on the top for the REALLY sunny days. I was very happy with a similar style for the Model 3, so I'm hopeful that this'll be what I'm really wanting.
Let us know how it works.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

I have the BestEVMod shade and it works very well. In Northern VA, I just the sheer fabric shade layer. I haven’t had a need for the second reflective layer.

I actually tested the first batch for them. Their product photos are of my truck lol. I also made the clip location diagram. It originally came with 4 clips and I said 6 are needed at a minimum.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

The BestEVMod shade uses clips, so you must have a different product.
Oh my. I sure do.

I have the Hansshow one:

HANSSHOW Sunshade Glass Roof Sunshade Compatible with Rivian R1T, UV Blocking/Heat Insulation Cover Set Foldable Sun Shade Compatible with Rivian R1T 2022 2023 (1 pcs)(No Clips/Suctions Needed) https://a.co/d/81bAeUn

I actually tried the BestEVMod one, too. It’s being replaced due to poor fit in the rear from a bent metal frame. I ordered the Hansshow one in the meantime and I’m keeping it installed all summer.

Plan on using my BestEVMod replacement for my second Max Pack truck

Sponsored

Gee Bee

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw tdi golf -chevy SSR-997 Turbo S
Occupation
Design
Ceramic tint for me will be installed
Inside windshield also

GB

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
Tint it and be done. Sorry but those shades look shitty. This forum blows my mind, people are so cheap but spend $80k on a vehicle.
Not to mention the fact that there are enough tint shops that will refuse to tint the panoramic roof as there have been issues with cracking.

MikeB7

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
military
Oh my. I sure do.

I have the Hansshow one:

HANSSHOW Sunshade Glass Roof Sunshade Compatible with Rivian R1T, UV Blocking/Heat Insulation Cover Set Foldable Sun Shade Compatible with Rivian R1T 2022 2023 (1 pcs)(No Clips/Suctions Needed) https://a.co/d/81bAeUn

I actually tried the BestEVMod one, too. It’s being replaced due to poor fit in the rear from a bent metal frame. I ordered the Hansshow one in the meantime and I’m keeping it installed all summer.

Plan on using my BestEVMod replacement for my second Max Pack truck
Which one did you like better? HANSSHOW or BestEVMod? I like the idea of no clips, but I also like the two-piece idea.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Which one did you like better? HANSSHOW or BestEVMod? I like the idea of no clips, but I also like the two-piece idea.
I only had the BestEVMod in briefly since the frame was bent. I do have an unopened replacement I'm saving for my second preorder.

I have to say, the Hansshow one is really good. I love that there are no clips or suction cups. Fit is great, but it's not something you want to install and remove frequently. This works for me because I'm going to have it installed from roughly mid-May through the end of September here in Phoenix.

My unscientific observation from yesterday:

Bright sunny day in the desert with the temp about 95-96F. My truck was parked outside in full sunlight for 2 hours. When I got in my car, it wasn't blazing hot. I did have the AC set to 74 and as an after thought I put my hand up to the roof shade within 5 minutes into my drive and I didn't notice any heat at all. Again, the AC has been cranking, but I think it's more impressive that the car wasn't horribly hot upon entry. Two other factors - I do have ceramic tint on all windows, including 70% on the windshield and interior if Forest Edge. I think Black Mountain would make the interior heat worse in this climate.

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Software
First one LOL. Second one, yes! Thanks for linking!
Sponsored