First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mercedes GLE350, 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Sales
Another Georgian, also in Hall Co. on Lake Lanier. Only a member a few days, finding a lot of good info. We’re in line for an R1S.
Sponsored

JCElectricSUV

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GLC 43
Occupation
MGR
Clubs

Another North Atlantan R1S, hoping this is the month they release all the details we have been waiting on.

Pharmanml

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep JK Rubicon Recon
Union County, North GA mountains here. Anxiously waiting for R1T LE!

Cway

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S and Jeep Gladiator
Just joining the forum with R1S LE reservation from Feb 2019. I am from Cumming and not so patiently waiting for someone to contact me about getting this thing going.

Sponsored

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
Johns Creek here with an R1T LE reservation (Feb 2020 preorder). I was hoping for the service center to be up in the northern suburbs, but will gladly make the drive to where they’ve selected.

Looking forward to seeing some R1s around town!

Tyker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda3
Atlanta resident here and about 5 miles away from the hopefully soon to be finished Rivian location.
wait a minute, there’s a location in Atlanta? All this time I’ve thought we were being ignored, is it a service center? Hopefully that’s close enough to Savannah for rivian to count me in a service area

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

wait a minute, there’s a location in Atlanta? All this time I’ve thought we were being ignored, is it a service center? Hopefully that’s close enough to Savannah for rivian to count me in a service area
I think I read recently in another thread specific to service centers that the Atlanta service center just resubmitted their building permit and has had 0 work done on it yet.

SAWRiv22

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F Pace, Mercedes GLC 300
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Johns Creek here with an R1T LE reservation (Feb 2020 preorder). I was hoping for the service center to be up in the northern suburbs, but will gladly make the drive to where they’ve selected.

Looking forward to seeing some R1s around town!
Berkeley Lake GA here… I’m an R1S (Nov 2019) res holder. My Next door neighbor is a Dec 2018 R1S res holder as well. Let’s get some activity in the Northern ATL Burbs!

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
There's a construction permit filed for a building in West Midtown. The permit name is "Rivian Atlanta Service Center". The address is 2333 Defoors Hill Rd., Atlanta, GA 30318. Project description is:

Renovation of an existing warehouse space for use as an automobile service center to include a service shop, parts storage, manual wash bay, BOH employee area, customer area and conference The work includes limited demolition of nonbearing interior walls & floor slab for post lift footings, new interior walls, doors & lighting, new outlets, MEP & utilities work for new equipment and new vehicle charging stations.
No start date for construction yet, and it's got an estimated cost of >$2.2 million, so it's going to take a little while. Unfortunately you can't see the plan attachments on the permit site.

Sponsored

Cway

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S and Jeep Gladiator
The address is 2333 Defoors Hill Rd., Atlanta, GA 30318. Project description is:

Looks like its next door to the Atlanta Brewing Company. A beer with the service?

buddha2lotus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model s
Occupation
physician
There's a construction permit filed for a building in West Midtown. The permit name is "Rivian Atlanta Service Center". The address is 2333 Defoors Hill Rd., Atlanta, GA 30318. Project description is:

No start date for construction yet, and it's got an estimated cost of >$2.2 million, so it's going to take a little while. Unfortunately you can't see the plan attachments on the permit site.
Thanks for the update, it'll be exciting when construction begins!

Tommy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 HD Fatboy
I think I read recently in another thread specific to service centers that the Atlanta service center just resubmitted their building permit and has had 0 work done on it yet.
We are a "redhead stepchild". Sorry but true. No matter, trucks need bucks. I am a Nov 2018, "LA Auto Show " orderer GA resident with a Guide contact although not much additional info. It will likely be a good while before we see anything substantial here. Be patient, it will be awhile for us. Or you can change your delivery address to one of the areas that are preferred. Just sayin. Bless their hearts.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

We are a "redhead stepchild". Sorry but true. No matter, trucks need bucks. I am a Nov 2018, "LA Auto Show " orderer GA resident with a Guide contact although not much additional info. It will likely be a good while before we see anything substantial here. Be patient, it will be awhile for us. Or you can change your delivery address to one of the areas that are preferred. Just sayin. Bless their hearts.
Yeah the SE as a whole is being largely ignored, which is sad. I don't mind the idea of waiting to get my Rivian because I wasn't planning on getting it until late '22/early '23 anyways but knowing that the lack of a service center will also limit my ability to attend even a first drive event to see one in person and drive it is a big bummer after seeing others get that opportunity.

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
Getting way ahead of myself here since we're months away from deliveries in all likelihood, but does anyone have any good camping destinations in mind once they get their R1? Something in the North Georgia mountains would be great to start with given I'm already in the northern suburbs.

I've never been much of a camper, but would love to take my kids (4 and 6) for a night here and there, break out the Camp Kitchen and Yakima tent, and enjoy the outdoors. I'm sure we'll get more adventurous in terms of destinations as we get more comfortable, so hoping to do something easy(ish) to start with (but not necessarily a camp site).

Any suggestions would be great!
Sponsored