First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
Anyone know if these will have homelink? would hate to ruin that interior with an ugly thing clipped to the visor
Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Anyone know if these will have homelink? would hate to ruin that interior with an ugly thing clipped to the visor
I have been told that they will not have HomeLink, but will have a comparable capability.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I have been told that they will not have HomeLink, but will have a comparable capability.
I wonder if they'll leverage MyQ from Chamberlain garage door openers? Amazon already uses this for deliveries into customer garages. I have it myself. I just don't let Amazon have access to it.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
All I really care is that they have the capability to open the garage door without an extra garage door opener device.

Sponsored

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
Really like Tesla's Homelink integration. My garage door opens/closes automagically when I'm 20 feet from the house.

Last edited:

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I wonder if they'll leverage MyQ from Chamberlain garage door openers? Amazon already uses this for deliveries into customer garages. I have it myself. I just don't let Amazon have access to it.
I hope they do not go this route it requires the internet and it would limit the doors openers it work with unless you used a MyQ adapter.

Also leaves you vulnerable to opening a door by mistake when you are no where near your house. I’d hate to be at my house and accidentally open the garage door 120 miles away at the other one because I fat fingered the button.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I hope they do not go this route it requires the internet and it would limit the doors openers it work with unless you used a MyQ adapter.

Also leaves you vulnerable to opening a door by mistake when you are no where near your house. I’d hate to be at my house and accidentally open the garage door 120 miles away at the other one because I fat fingered the button.
It would also limit the ability to operate non-owned doors/gates, as people may have in gated communities or in parking garages.

I have a “smart” garage door a being able to confirm the door is closed or open/close it remotely is nice; but these are secondary features and a traditional RF opener is still better for primary operation.

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
Really link Tesla's Homelink integration. My garage door opens/closes automagically when I'm 20 feet from the house.
Me too. I have 3 doors and they all work and can be programmed to open or close up to 80’ away I believe.

Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
I do that about once a week. But I get a text from the neigbor "Did you mean to leave the garage open all night?"

Hertukin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Occupation
Police
As far as I know, Homelink only works with cars that have GPS. You also have to have this app-enabled on your phone. I don't know how it works for other people, but I don't get a notification right away if my phone is locked. I have to open the app and wait for the notification there for everything to work as it should. Also, the door opening doesn't automatically work in the driveway, only if the car is already five feet away from the garage. It's not very pleasant. I'll call a contractor or garage door repair service to get this bug fixed for me.

Last edited:

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, R1T
Occupation
Engineer

StoneDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
The current 10/27 version of the manual removed references to the garage door integration, so it's not clear if it's included.

https://rivian.com/support/article/r1t-owners-guide

https://assets.rivian.com/k534zewng...8b69bdf792c280771392bea3/owners-guide-r1t.pdf
Hmmm… you’re right. I guess it’s possible they removed if from the overall vehicle manual and plan on including it in the infotainment information. Just speculating since we haven’t seen a guide for the infotainment system yet.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Although MyQ would be nice it is not as quick as RF Homelink and closing is a PITA! For safety purposes, when you close myq door with the app, the system beeps for about five seconds crazily to alert you that the door is about to close. Very annoying!
Sponsored