Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
You can stream Amazon Ultra HD, 10x more data than Spotify, on a cellular network without issue even in spotty reception. Music files, even high quality ones, are microscopic in the world of 4/5g cellular data.
Sounds good in theory but in reality I experience frequent dropouts with Spotify over 4g in a major metropolitan area. Granted that is streaming through my phone without the benefit of an antenna external to the vehicle.
Sponsored

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
And Rivian determines the answer to that question based on the bigger picture of the features their customers want and ask for so quit trying to tell the rest of us what our priorities should be.
I've literally not once said what anyone's priorities should be as owners, because we all have a right to have them. I'm merely pointing out the reasons why some things are not currently offered. I'd really like them to enable the flying drive mode, but that's not on the top of their list for now.

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Plugging into run CP/AA has nothing to do with playback from USB. Most people are plugging in to run a streaming service. Ok, 0.5% may be slightly exaggerated, the share of music industry revenues from digital sales of albums and singles was about 3.5% in 2021 and shrinking into oblivion. Rivian is within reason to care little about local media playback and can reasonably assume doing so will have no material effect on their business.

1658152371641.png
Digital sales of albums and singles != non local playback. All of the media that I consume is digital, but also all of the media that I consume I download locally to my device and play the lossless versions of them.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I've literally not once said what anyone's priorities should be as owners, because we all have a right to have them. I'm merely pointing out the reasons why some things are not currently offered. I'd really like them to enable the flying drive mode, but that's not on the top of their list for now.
I think most adults already understand that we can't have everything we want. But we also know for a fact that Rivian pays attention to what features we ask for and that by expressing interest, it may influence their product road map. We also understand there are no guarantees so don't need the beat down from other forum members when we express wishes for features Rivian doesn't currently support.

ERguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Plugging into run CP/AA has nothing to do with playback from USB.
Now you are just making stuff up. Plugging in for CP/AA has everything to do with playing music.

The majority of people who play music from. their phones in cars do so while connected by a USB cable. Nothing about my statement was inaccurate. Some use Bluetooth, but the percent of 0.5% you cited as using a USB cable isn't even in the ballpark.

Sponsored

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
I've tried to summarize everything that Wassym talked about, hopefully I didn't miss anything if nothing else is added as of this writing:

Enhancements:
  • Dash Cam Mode: Later this fall
  • Camp Mode: Late Summer
  • Additional music streaming services (No specifics on which one(s) or timeframes)
  • Sharing destinations from App to Vehicle: Later this year
  • Door handles in when unlocked, no ETA
  • Browser with Netflix and Youtube, on the roadmap and no ETA
  • Auto suspension leveling: Later this year
  • Future UI rework to not default to gear guard upon truck start. No ETA
  • Adaptive cruise in Towing mode. No ETA
  • Kneel mode in the works, no ETA
  • Auto dimming the screens in the works, no ETA
  • Changing between SoC and Miles: Later this summer
  • Automated parking condition detector to trigger birds eye view, no ETA
  • Customizable charge limits: Late Summer
  • Audio via USB: No official word on being on roadmap, they are reviewing internally
  • Enhanced Alexa integration (No specifics given)
  • Side mirrors tilting in reverse: On Roadmap, no ETA
  • "Adventure" Capabilities to the maps. No ETA and lower on the roadmap.
  • Language and Unit Switching: Later this year

Bugs:
  • Vents pointing wrong and having to fix: Upcoming OTA
  • Suspension auto changes will have incremental updates over time.
  • Windshield wiper running single time when put into drive. Known issue, looking into it. No ETA
  • TuneIn Not refreshing podcasts (and other improvements, no specifics), fix coming later this year
Thanks. Some more he added with no ETA...
  • "registered security researcher" program for reporting vulnerabilities and working with the security team
  • Charging/battery conditioning based on departure time
  • Proximity unlock with keyfob

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Thanks. Some more he added with no ETA...
  • Proximity unlock with keyfob
A LOT of people are going to be excited about that one. So far I haven’t had any issues with using my phone as a key (*knocks on wood*) but the proximity key is going to be a welcome addition to the key stable.

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
A LOT of people are going to be excited about that one. So far I haven’t had any issues with using my phone as a key (*knocks on wood*) but the proximity key is going to be a welcome addition to the key stable.
When I saw it I was like YAAASSS but then I was like "wait I actually like the phone as key and it works pretty well and it's nice not having to carry around keys" and then I was like "but it kills my phone battery life". Quite the conundrum.
Sponsored