First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Skyline R32 GTR, Subaru Forester Turbo SH9
Occupation
IT Professional
My backup plan is to use the funk for this - it may actually be the best option since there’s a DC outlet and it’s deeper than the bed, so it should fit bigger fridges like the Dometic options that won’t fit under the tonneau.
You'd still need to keep in mind that a fridge needs air circulation outside to get effective results.
It'll be interesting if Rivian has accounted for this and added an optional air circulation opening somewhere, without it the compressor on the fan would have to work very hard and it would get hot as a result and have a lower lifespan. The frunk I think would be sealed pretty well given that fording rivers and heavy rain would need to be kept out to prevent the frunk from flooding, however perhaps there is an option where the air heating/cooling system can circulate air within the frunk and the cabin. Aside from that, gear tunnel is where I would put my Engel 45lt fridge, if it would fit but I'm not sure it would. At a minimum it'd need a custom slide like what you're talking about, plus the air circulation again (vented gear tunnel doors?).

Who knows how its going to turn out...
Sponsored

Dohmar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Skyline R32 GTR, Subaru Forester Turbo SH9
Occupation
IT Professional
This is from their website on the R1T. I don't know if the larger battery extends backwards a little further or not.

1615436615938.png
Excellent pic - I hadn't see it before. Looking at the rear of the car, it looks like those cross bars that hold the spare wheel in place could theoretically be inverted to offer an 'under body' wheel storage space like many offroad 4wd's. So if that were an option it would free the bed up for the sliding storage that OP mentioned and allow a permanent pop up tent on the rear...