Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

RedRaiderRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T - Canyon Red
This is not good, it just gives the anti-EV crowd more reasons to say their dino-juice truck is better.
Sure, it helps Rivian in the short term by limiting the options, but it's more damaging overall.
Ford's ICE vehicles are (NOT) so much more reliable. https://jalopnik.com/ford-has-the-most-recalls-so-far-in-2023-report-1850647308. 4.1 million recalled and counting. This is Ford's new slogan like the old McDonald's signs. My wife's Expedition is in the shop right now to repair a recalled engine cam phaser that affects several million vehicles.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
It shows that Ford cares about quality, as well as their reputation. Rivian willfully ships misfit trucks anyway. That's why service is booked out five months and some cars have irrepairable flaws. Not reasonable, in my view.
Ford's short service appointment wait times probably have something to do with the fact that Ford has over 3,000 well established Service Centers in the USA compared to 30 Rivian Service Centers that just popped up in the last two years. Also, Ford owners can get 99% of the repair parts for their vehicles at their dealers part's counter, Rock Auto and hundreds of other online and local sources, so many repairs can be done by owners in their own driveways and by local independent repair shops vs the Ford dealership Service Center. In contrast, almost any Rivian repair (including replacing a blown fuse it seems) requires a SC appointment at this time so their SC's waste hours of precious time replacing cabin air filters and placing spare tires in the beds of it's pickup trucks rather than repairing real issues.
Sponsored

Last edited: