Sponsored

Folks with wheel vinyl covers -- how are they holding up?

rkalbiar

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T , 2024 Rivian R1S
How long have you had them? How are they holding up?
Thanks
Sponsored

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
How long have you had them? How are they holding up?
Thanks
Got Twraps for my 21s. Put mine on in August or September maybe. 2 of them held up really well, spots on 2 others didn't do as well. Maybe I didn't press them down well enough. I live in Denver so the harsh weather in the winter probably got to them.

I took them off completely last month, which tooke a solid hour or so with a razor blade, so much of the wrap was on their pretty good. I had them mostly to see if I wanted to have them blacked out more permanently.

I was overall happy with them, could probably have ordered a 3-4 replacement pieces and been good to go if I wanted.

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
Got gunmetal wraps for the 20 brights from brain exploder. They are holding up great. 6 months in. I only hand wash the truck, but no lifting or pealing so far.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Installed in February. Look as good as new

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

Sorry to hear that happened! I can send you a replacement set if you decide you want them back on.
With that said, my experience so far shows that issues usually result not so much from application but from surface preparation. Rims tend to get dirty, oily and what not. I've seen folks who recently had a wax where the vinyl doesn't stick at all too. So my point is - proper cleaning of the rims + using a bit of alcohol as a primer might be the best way to go to reduce the risk of the vinyl not sticking. In terms of application one thing that can be done to make the vinyl stick harder is to do heat gun treatment - just warm them up once installed, push them, and they stick really hard.

Sponsored

Southern R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (LE/GW/OC/20"AT), Lexus GX 460 Luxury
Occupation
Builder
Sorry to hear that happened! I can send you a replacement set if you decide you want them back on.
With that said, my experience so far shows that issues usually result not so much from application but from surface preparation. Rims tend to get dirty, oily and what not. I've seen folks who recently had a wax where the vinyl doesn't stick at all too. So my point is - proper cleaning of the rims + using a bit of alcohol as a primer might be the best way to go to reduce the risk of the vinyl not sticking. In terms of application one thing that can be done to make the vinyl stick harder is to do heat gun treatment - just warm them up once installed, push them, and they stick really hard.
Haven't purchased from y'all previously, but customer service responses like that means you'll be at the top of my list when I do. Well done.

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Haven't purchased from y'all previously, but customer service responses like that means you'll be at the top of my list when I do. Well done.
Thank you! 🙏

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

I had TWraps on my winter 20" set for 6 months in REALLY harsh conditions with probably 1 wash per week. They still look perfect.
My car envies your car for how often yours gets the SPA treatment 😃

Kuro-Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 BMW 2002
My car envies your car for how often yours gets the SPA treatment 😃
Less of a spa and more like either make a mess at the car wash or make a mess in the garage melting off all the daily snow & crud overnight. In this part of the world, it doesn't matter what color your car is...they are all "shitty salt white" in the winter.
Rivian R1T R1S Folks with wheel vinyl covers -- how are they holding up? Winter-Salt-Vehicle-Wisconsin-1024x640

Sponsored

M00v0vr

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T MY
Occupation
entrepreneur/ski race coach
I did the Brain exploder film and its almost completely destroyed after a winter of driving in snow.

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
Got gunmetal wraps for the 20 brights from brain exploder. They are holding up great. 6 months in. I only hand wash the truck, but no lifting or pealing so far.
Same. I actually prefer the matte look over the AT Darks. I'm surprised by how well they've held up. If/when they ever start peeling, I'll play with hyper or plastidip.

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
Twraps gunmetal on mine - had them only for a month but perfect so far. I applied on alcohol cleaned wheels followed by a heat gun since it was still cold out when I applied them.

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
TWraps on 20s since June 22, 12k mi. No peeling, no problems.... Still look great... Other than when the rivian tow driver rubbed it against the trailer and I have a pencil lead sized hole where it scrapped off and I see chrome. All TWraps gear has been great.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I have the black twraps on my 21’s. There was some damage when I had to have a tire removed to get patched and have a few nicks here and there though I have no idea how tbh. Still looks great!
Sponsored