AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Not planning on putting any lumber of any sort in this truck - might be in the wrong line of work for that - but a window that goes down like on the Tundra would have been cool (yes, yes, packaging issues).
In reality, the rear window is very small from inside and could not accommodate a sliding small window like on most full size trucks.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ward00

First Name
marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
vw
Iā€™m not the one hanging out on a forum for a vehicle that doesnā€™t meet my needs, yelling at the wall. But you do you guy.

Iā€™m off to go shake my fist at random strangers.
You started it na na na na na

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I've never been under the impression that every car should be for every person. If it doesn't meet your needs, move on to what does. If they made this giant vehicle that met your needs, I would probably pass on it because of its size. I don't understand why people feel the need to feel outraged about something that doesn't meet their one, singular, possibly annual, specific need. Just move one to what does. Rear window opens, Gear Tunnel probably doesn't exist, because thats where the rear window would go. If you don't like it, or it doesn't work for you, buy something else, it isn't that complicated. When someone buys a a vehicle, what they decide on is a combination of what they want verse what is available.

blturner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Space Pirate
I also wish it had a rear window. I also haul long stuff through that window. Some 10ft conduit just last week. Bed was full of stuff I did not want to tie down and I did not want to prop up the cover.
It is a great way to ventilate without all the noise of the side windows. I would use a sunroof for that but I don't think sunroofs in general are worth their cost and risk of leaks.
Also good to keep it cool without worrying about someone sticking their arm in and unlocking it. The one in my F150 also does a decent job of keeping rain out if a cloud sneaks up, unlike the side windows.
I would also like the bed racks to line up with the roof. I plan on making something for that. I have a large ladder that will tilt out the back. If my brother borrows it he might want to carry his hang glider.
I bent my receiver once with an extender while hauling a 20 ft long 3 ft diameter culvert for an eagle project.

Sponsored

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
Jesus... who moved the rock.

...please put it back and take this with you.

Short sticks: Over the tailgate
Long sticks: Tailgate down and tie downs

...move along... no troll feeding here.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

You started it na na na na na
I think the issue here people are having is you come in with your first post complaining about the rear window being a deal breaker.

I am sure you can find a dozen threads where people talk about the lack of the back window that opens, maybe you should read through the forums and comment on one of those threads.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
I mean, itā€™s not a work truck? And itā€™s never pretended to be one?

Youā€™ll notice Rivianā€™s marketing material is all camping and fly fishing and stuff. Not 2x4s and construction work.

If youā€™re looking for a true work truck, then the Rivian probably isnā€™t for you. Iā€™d look at the Lightning instead

mike22co

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X3 (x2), s00n R1S
Occupation
Person
I will say I love the power sliding rear window in the F150. You can use it to talk to people when hitching something up. It is GREAT for airflow in the cab. Like crazy good airflow (probably not great for eMPG). And it is good for short trips with something long if the cover is on the bed.
Not a deal breaker for me but it would be nice.

Arthur Itiz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mercedes a220, 2021 Mercedes gla250
This ā€˜gentlemanā€™ wonā€™t last long here. Not enough rocks and wooden clubs for him. And no doubt he misses the dirt floor heā€™s used to stomping his foot on.

Ignore the troll.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.