Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Looks like they're about to go belly up folks... 😞

Feel for the poor souls who have already purchased ($50-$60K) and taken delivery of a Fisker Ocean.

Fisker Is Closing Its California Headquarters
https://insideevs.com/news/718677/fisker-closing-california-headquarters-report/

Fisker’s Austrian Unit Files For Bankruptcy, Ocean Looks Sunk
https://www.carscoops.com/2024/05/magna-steyr-assumes-it-wont-be-building-any-more-fisker-oceans/

Magna Reports Earnings, Outlook Assumes “No Further Production of Fisker Ocean”
https://eletric-vehicles.com/fisker...ssumes-no-further-production-of-fisker-ocean/
Sponsored

Last edited:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

Noplacelikeloam

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Creative management
Clubs

Hey, they are showing inventory still for sale. ;-)

Sponsored

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

I think the Ocean was intriguing and promising but Henrik and Geeta are just awful at business. I hope owners are supported in some way - perhaps by enthusiastic 3rd parties? I cannot imagine why any company would want to buy Fisker before the inevitable bankruptcy.

The Ocean was actually my first choice for replacing my wife's Model 3 in the Fall/Winter of 2023. Thankfully ended up replacing with a second used R1S instead. Feel like we dodged a bullet. (although Rivian also now needs to survive)

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
I wonder if anybody will scoop them up. What's Karma doing these days? Maybe they can add another one of Henrik's children to the lineup 😁
AFAIK, other than trotting out a number of concepts, Karma is still dicking around with the same one car it bought from the previous Fisker. Amazed they are still in business.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NY_Rob

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Just like Rivian, the Ocean is a "computer on wheels" so once Fisker is officially out of business all that IP goes with them unless someone buys the assets which is unlikely. Other then some possibly off the shelf HVAC components, etc.. most of the vehicle will remain irreparable. Think of a windshield cracking, and common stuff like that breaking. No replacement parts will be available unless someone buys the unsold vehicles and starts cannibalizing them, at hugely inflated parts prices. Sadly, Fisker has been cannibalizing already built vehicles in CA for parts for some time now as even they can't get parts to cover warranty repairs.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Just like Rivian, the Ocean is a "computer on wheels" so once Fisker is officially out of business all that IP goes with them unless someone buys the assets which is unlikely.
Does Fisker even have much IP (or any assets for that matter)?

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...e-ev-startup-goes-into-the-ground-233379.html

"You might want to know why Fisker, of all EV startups, ended up in this situation. Unlike its peers, Fisker wanted to do this without committing to anything. There is no research and development, no intellectual property, and no production facilities. Instead, Fisker commissioned Magna Steyr to manufacture its vehicles using off-the-shelf parts."

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

A shame. The Alaska looked really nice. Too bad the Nissan partnership didn't happen. 😢
Sponsored