Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Yea it’s so sus that I informed the mods on Reddit and some people on this forum privately. I can answer what I want. I’m hoping some people appreciate the content.
I definitely appreciate the content regardless of how you got it! Thank you.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Elon said it best at the Plaid reveal.. EVs need to be the very best car.. period.. to sell. They can't do just one thing well which is why they set out to ensure the Plaid could check every box humanly possible because they need to make the best *car* to get people in the seats. Rivian needs this model, and while just cupholders alone isn't indicative of how well they will do.. its silly to say that just because it's a truck that it shouldn't be mainstream. The F150 has like 10+ cupholders. They know their buyers. Rivian will do well to learn as well.
Look, bud, no one is forcing you in to a Rivian. Your money, your choice. If you really need 20 cupholders, I think you need to see a doctor about your bladder first, then consider a different vehicle.

... But if you want the 2022 MotorTrend Truck of the Year, there's only one choice.
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...-motortrend-truck-of-the-year.3051/post-82870

Not EV of the year, truck, compared with other traditional trucks. Sorry, but the 27 cupholders in the Maverick weren't enough.

irish26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Yea it’s so sus that I informed the mods on Reddit and some people on this forum privately. I can answer what I want. I’m hoping some people appreciate the content.
Thank you for taking time out of your personal life to answer dozens of questions from strangers about a personal item you own. Unfortunately, not everyone can be pleased.

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
Ok We'll go with that. I thank you for giving out what info you have.

☑ Delivered R1T to non employee By Dec 16 Earning Call.

Sponsored

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
The silence about the delivery window expectations of these Reddit deliveries is becoming "curious"
Yes it is. There is always a reason why, but I don't know the answer. For now, I see no harm in leaving my pre-order date and expected delivery dates, in my signature. I see most folks don't do this. There's a reason for that too, in which I don't know the answer. It would prevent a lot of questions being asked, or should. Being most don't, maybe I should remove mine.

That is a good enough answer for me, as you are very well entitled to present what information you want to share......and I do appreciate that in which you do.

However, when anyone is asked a question repeatedly and remains silent, it causes suspicion, which you know. A simple answer would be......that is private information I care not to share. I respect that and will not question your motive.

OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla X Plaid, 2004 s2000, Huracan Evo, +
That is interesting, but doesn’t give me hope of a crate fitting, The container that the dog was in probably folds flat and is easy to put in. The bigger issue with the crate is actually fitting it through the door! The best I can hope for is the I can fit it in two pieces then attach then once inside.
Do you need me to measure anything? I only have a Precision XL large folding dog crate which won't even fit in the cab

OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes it is. There is always a reason why, but I don't know the answer. For now, I see no harm in leaving my pre-order date and expected delivery dates, in my signature. I see most folks don't do this. There's a reason for that too, in which I don't know the answer. It would prevent a lot of questions being asked, or should. Being most don't, maybe I should remove mine.

That is a good enough answer for me, as you are very well entitled to present what information you want to share......and I do appreciate that in which you do.

However, when anyone is asked a question repeatedly and remains silent, it causes suspicion, which you know. A simple answer would be......that is private information I care not to share. I respect that and will not question your motive.
I very much appreciate the levelheadedness. Also thank you for your service.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

@Iwantatesla appreciate you taking your time out of your schedule to answer us pleebs on the forum haha. I know another member on Reddit said it took a few extra days because he financed through his local credit union. Was that the same case for you? Or did you go through Rivian for financing? Either way, did you glimpse at any of their rates before? Just wondering if they're going to be competitive or if a lot of us should start secure loan funding prior for those of us who will use a bank for a loan.

Any plans on taking it to a shop to Dyno or check alignment spec for fun?

Sponsored

RivRev

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
I understand it to a point, but this male buyer is thankful that my female wife will have less places to put things and/or mess up with spilled drinks.
I can't help but point out how flat out silly this argument and POV is. You can apply this rationale to anything and everything. Rivian didn't do XXXX, so there is a less likelihood of random event YYY from occurring. That's like saying that your are thankful that Rivian didn't install floor mats because now my female wife is less likely to bring her muddy shoes in my car.

Or, better yet, "I'm thankful Rivian didn't install a truck bed (or frunk or gear tunnel or storage compartments or center console), because now my wife will have less places to put her things and clutter my beautiful R1T!"

Drinks are something 99.9% of people bring into their vehicle. It is probably the most common item by far that a user brings into the car other than their keys and the clothes on their back.

Plus, spilling drinks in a car is pretty uncommon. It's a rare event. Just think about...you probably have 5,000+ different instances of bringing a drink into your car....and how many times has your wife spilled? Maybe 4? Maybe 20? To argue that those 4-20 instances (that are user error I might add) somehow justify not including one of the most commonly used features of a car is funny to me. I was scrolling, saw your comment, and couldn't help but write this.

OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@Iwantatesla appreciate you taking your time out of your schedule to answer us pleebs on the forum haha. I know another member on Reddit said it took a few extra days because he financed through his local credit union. Was that the same case for you? Or did you go through Rivian for financing? Either way, did you glimpse at any of their rates before? Just wondering if they're going to be competitive or if a lot of us should start secure loan funding prior for those of us who will use a bank for a loan.

Any plans on taking it to a shop to Dyno or check alignment spec for fun?
I think rates were 3.49%. I ended up paying cash. I'll wait to do any "fun" stuff to it.

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
I wouldn't get too caught up in comparing rates. Rivian is just a conduit to Chase, and so the rates they offer aren't likely any different than you can find on Chase's website right now. Typically, CU's offer slightly better rates, but even 0.50% better only amounts to $10/mo on $50k for 5 years.

If it were me, I'd line up financing through a local CU, or whoever, in advance. Then, if for some reason Rivian/Chase offers some great rate when the time comes it's easy to just check that box. The value proposition for using Rivian/Chase is a more seamless process than a local CU might offer, especially if you didn't plan ahead.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
I very much appreciate the levelheadedness. Also thank you for your service.
Thanks very much.? It was my pleasure to serve. I received far more than I gave.....and thank you for sharing your content.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I can't help but point out how flat out silly this argument and POV is. You can apply this rationale to anything and everything. Rivian didn't do XXXX, so there is a less likelihood of random event YYY from occurring. That's like saying that your are thankful that Rivian didn't install floor mats because now my female wife is less likely to bring her muddy shoes in my car.

Or, better yet, "I'm thankful Rivian didn't install a truck bed (or frunk or gear tunnel or storage compartments or center console), because now my wife will have less places to put her things and clutter my beautiful R1T!"

Drinks are something 99.9% of people bring into their vehicle. It is probably the most common item by far that a user brings into the car other than their keys and the clothes on their back.

Plus, spilling drinks in a car is pretty uncommon. It's a rare event. Just think about...you probably have 5,000+ different instances of bringing a drink into your car....and how many times has your wife spilled? Maybe 4? Maybe 20? To argue that those 4-20 instances (that are user error I might add) somehow justify not including one of the most commonly used features of a car is funny to me. I was scrolling, saw your comment, and couldn't help but write this.
Sorry to offend. My comment was a light hearted response to the quoted message in it, which apparently didn't come across as such, at least to you. I was not implying that females (or those that identify as female) are more likely to spill, just my observation in my particular use case.

This thread has gone very far off topic. Let's let the cupholder debate go here, and start a new thread if more discussion is necessary. Let's get back to the subject at hand here, and appreciate what iwantatesla is doing for everyone here by providing insight into the product we are all interested in.
Sponsored