Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Have you ordered already? Or will it be a new order? I have some bamboo coming in this week and I can save the scraps for you.

Also in Seattle and probably should have noted that.

I do have a question, though: is there a way to get scrap bamboo or an analog of the bamboo you use to test stain colors? I have FE and I was thing at some point of trying to stain it to get as close as possible, but I don't want to play around on the real-deal.
Sponsored

Belem

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adventure, 1986 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16
Have you ordered already? Or will it be a new order? I have some bamboo coming in this week and I can save the scraps for you.
Just ordered yesterday, so no rush, but order number 694.

Thank you!

Belem

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adventure, 1986 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16
Hit me up if you don't hear from me by Monday. I have a busy week teaching.
I'm in no rush at all and when you get to it, you get to it. Besides, the kids are more important. 🙂

Jger928

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
@Sojhinn i got my mat installed and looks great. One question I have is why I may not be getting the full wattage from apple MagSafe chargers pucks? I used the ampere app to measure and it came out between 8-9 watts. Any insight?

Sponsored

AYAYRON

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
@Sojhinn i got my mat installed and looks great. One question I have is why I may not be getting the full wattage from apple MagSafe chargers pucks? I used the ampere app to measure and it came out between 8-9 watts. Any insight?

What battery % was your phone at and what time of day, the iPhone will reduce the charging speed as the battery percentage increases

Jger928

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
What battery % was your phone at and what time of day, the iPhone will reduce the charging speed as the battery percentage increases
Good point. This was around 54%. I can try it at lower charge and see what happens.

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Good point. This was around 54%. I can try it at lower charge and see what happens.
What he said, also did you have a case or was it straight on the wood? Even a direct connection to the magsafe pucks will very rarely offer the full 18 watts. It often degrades the speed as s00n as the phone heats up.

The 9 watts is at least showing you are getting over the limited amount the USB C ports in the truck offer. So this is breaking down to be phone/limitation due to heat/case. I think the peak amount I ever saw on my phone with no case was about 14 watts.

Jger928

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
What he said, also did you have a case or was it straight on the wood? Even a direct connection to the magsafe pucks will very rarely offer the full 18 watts. It often degrades the speed as s00n as the phone heats up.
It was through a MagSafe case. I just ordered a new one by otter box that has the ring on it too so we will see how it does. Was just curious if you had seen 15 watts through the charger at all.

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
It was through a MagSafe case. I just ordered a new one by otter box that has the ring on it too so we will see how it does. Was just curious if you had seen 15 watts through the charger at all.
Yup that explains it. Unfortunately anything between the phone and magsafe will slow it down.

Sponsored

Jger928

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Yup that explains it. Unfortunately anything between the phone and magsafe will slow it down.
Gotcha. Thanks for the verification. 8-9 is still much better than the 4.5 the Twraps was outputting. If I’m ever in dire straits I’ll take the phone out of its case.

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Hey all! We know you are all eagerly waiting for the new charger. We are currently ahead in production on the top plates (the wood), and doing our best to catch up on the bases. We have a decent amount of orders going out this weekend, and hope to have another set out next week as well.

Basically I produce a bunch of the materials, and hand them off to David to ship em off. So please be patient with us. This product has been EXTREMELY popular and we are doing our best to ship 'em out immediately.

Last edited:

abumarf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I got mine installed as well and noticed that the actual magnet seems to be super weak through the top piece of wood. I am using official Apple MagSafe charging pucks. Is this just my luck?

P.S: whatever the material that was used to package the charger got stuck to the underside of the wood plate where the adhesive is and ruined the adhesive so it doesn’t really stick the puck on one side.

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
I got mine installed as well and noticed that the actual magnet seems to be super weak through the top piece of wood. I am using official Apple MagSafe charging pucks. Is this just my luck?

P.S: whatever the material that was used to package the charger got stuck to the underside of the wood plate where the adhesive is and ruined the adhesive so it doesn’t really stick the puck on one side.
Should be strong enough to hold it. I use the Apple Magsafe ones as well. Is the plate aligned properly?

Also if you are not happy with anything let us know. We can swap out anything as needed.

Last edited:

abumarf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Should be strong enough to hold it. I use the Apple Magsafe ones as well. Is the plate aligned properly?

Also if you are not happy with anything let us know. We can swap out anything as needed.
I’ve gone ahead and made sure the plate is aligned correctly and even tried another case with an ever stronger magnet on it but no luck. Is there anyway I could get a replacement top plate in order to check if that’s the issue?
Sponsored