Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

I suggest that you do not cover MagSafe pucks. Let them be exposed to securely hold the device. Adding material between the charging pad and phone, will decrease charging throughput, and reduce magnetic holding strength as well.

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
I suggest that you do not cover MagSafe pucks. Let them be exposed to securely hold the device. Adding material between the charging pad and phone, will decrease charging throughput, and reduce magnetic holding strength as well.

Yup we will be testing it. To see how much it decreases etc. figured it was worth the cost to try it. As the material isn’t thick.

Sponsored

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
Just for giggles. Here's an aluminum plate powder coated. This was my initial plan. I really like this a lot.

311F984B-7602-434E-84D6-463167211595.jpeg
How does this plate look on top of the pad? Can we see a picture?

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Just for giggles. Here's an aluminum plate powder coated. This was my initial plan. I really like this a lot.

311F984B-7602-434E-84D6-463167211595.jpeg
Yeah that looks decent but I think it will be pretty hard on those of us who are not using a phone case. I'm looking forward to the softer option and see what that looks like. I do like the look of that though.

TheLTrain

First Name
Leyen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Ford Escape Hybrid
What are you thinking is the ETA for this to be available?

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
What are you thinking is the ETA for this to be available?
We are waiting on the prototype top plates to show up on Feb 6. We could technically offer a 3d printed version of this now.

Sponsored

AYAYRON

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
Hey all here's a quick update on the prototype in the truck. I have a prototype going (all 3d printed currently). And I am happy to say its working great. I'm fairly certain this will be the "final" design. Just waiting on the premium plates to show up (February 6th currently estimated) to show off our choice of softness.

I'm happy to answer any questions. As a reminder this will utilize the OEM connector for charging the magsafe pucks (with the actual oem connector on our buck charger), the charger is held in place utilizing oem connection points and doesn't require any special removal to lift your phones off the chargers, and is made to look as OEM as possible.

image_50444289.JPG
Can we use magsafe chargers with the plate if we already own 2 (I bought them for a project like this but I like your rendition better than what I was going to do)

I also like the look of the white chargers hence wanting to use the ones I have already.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
I'd personally prefer a textured plastic or rubber similar to what's already in the console on top.
Yes, I second this! The rubber/soft-plastic would be ideal in my opinion.

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Can we use magsafe chargers with the plate if we already own 2 (I bought them for a project like this but I like your rendition better than what I was going to do)

I also like the look of the white chargers hence wanting to use the ones I have already.
Yup. All of our designs can use either aftermarket or apple products. In fact I use the apple ones.

AYAYRON

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
Yup. All of our designs can use either aftermarket or apple products. In fact I use the apple ones.
I had not seen the apple ones with black circles, that confused my old brain lol

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
I had not seen the apple ones with black circles, that confused my old brain lol
Just some vinyl wrap. Some people like to complain about the white. So I just covered it up.
Sponsored