Sponsored

bjames358

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Porsche 911, Honda Pilot
Yeah... I'm the LA guy referenced above. Last week during the big store drop, I pulled trigger on an LE/MB/blk interior/dark '22 (my exact build except originally Adventure). Completed steps 7/8 immediately (a rookie move, but I was too excited after weeks of nothing exciting in the shop). Vin is high 11XXX. Original order June '21 and Nov-Dec '22 delivery date. I checked with my guide on Monday and was told that my truck was not in California (originally told 6-8wks). Tuesday night I received an email that my charger shipped. Wednesday received a text that my rig was at the SC for final inspection and time to schedule pickup. Today completed step 8 with pickup on Saturday. I'll share a comprehensive write up once I have it in hand on Saturday. IMHO the big shop drop last week was unique and very different from earlier understandings of how the shop worked as well as regular deliveries. I feel like my guide was in the dark on how the big drop changed guidance for customers (I don't fault him... He did his best to answer all of my questions). Net/net I feel very fortunate and know Rivian is doing its best to deliver a pretty amazing machine. Hope this helps. Good luck to you all.
Rivian R1T R1S First look at @ “Introducing the R1 Shop” -- Rivian website to shop for R1T that delivers in 6-8 weeks 307831719_524571532811984_6765372382853228760_n
Sponsored

bjames358

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Porsche 911, Honda Pilot
buying the LE, does that mean you got the free wheel upgrade or you still had to pay for the 22s?
Great question. I did not get a free wheel upgrade. The benefits I know about are interior badging, RFID wristband and the chance to say I have an "LE". If you are considering an "LE" I'd bring up the upgrade with your Guide. I was not aware of it.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I believe the LE includes the 20” AT wheels and tonneau cover. This LE is available in my R1T Shop in the LA area.

Rivian R1T R1S First look at @ “Introducing the R1 Shop” -- Rivian website to shop for R1T that delivers in 6-8 weeks 52949CEA-A03B-49C3-9491-1C585A37E17F

Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
This one has been sitting for about a week with no takers. If it were GW or Limestone I would have snatched it.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I believe the LE includes the 20” AT wheels and tonneau cover. This LE is available in my R1T Shop in the LA area.

52949CEA-A03B-49C3-9491-1C585A37E17F.jpeg
Wheels are definitely a free upgrade on the LE, either these or the 20" bright, or the 22" sport (but not dark versions of either). Tonneau is listed as included, but the base price is actually $1500 more than the adventure package, which is the price of the tonneau.

branden

First Name
Branden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T - many EVs in past
Occupation
EV charging deployment
Rivian really should open the R1T Shop more broadly... doesn't make any sense that they would have vehicles sitting in the shop multiple days when there are so many people willing to take delivery ASAP.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Thanks for the clarification.

A lot of Launch Editions are showing up in the R1T Shop.

Sponsored

Timo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 cummins | 1994 FZJ80 | 2021 Bolt
Wheels are definitely a free upgrade on the LE, either these or the 20" bright, or the 22" sport (but not dark versions of either). Tonneau is listed as included, but the base price is actually $1500 more than the adventure package, which is the price of the tonneau.
You sure about this? I can't see my old config now that I chose one from the shop, but I opted for no tonneau at all and I'm 99.9% sure the cost of the truck was still $73k in white. Maybe someone with access to the configurator with pre-increase pricing can check.

Timo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian really should open the R1T Shop more broadly... doesn't make any sense that they would have vehicles sitting in the shop multiple days when there are so many people willing to take delivery ASAP.
Interesting how this thread has gone from "there are way too many people in the shop and not enough trucks" to "why aren't there more people in the shop, there are trucks just sitting there!" in the space of a few weeks.

Remember, different areas of the country see different shops. I'm tied to the San Diego service center and couldn't see LA shop even though they're basically equidistant from me.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
You sure about this? I can't see my old config now that I chose one from the shop, but I opted for no tonneau at all and I'm 99.9% sure the cost of the truck was still $73k in white. Maybe someone with access to the configurator with pre-increase pricing can check.
I just looked at my window sticker, $71500 is the base price.

Timo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just looked at my window sticker, $71500 is the base price.
Thanks for checking. I was probably doing the math on powered vs manual vs. no tonneau then in my head, because I had left it off my configuration when they started charging for them.

In other news, I just got my PDI text from San Diego SC. Things are getting real now...

craptacular

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
Remember, different areas of the country see different shops. I'm tied to the San Diego service center and couldn't see LA shop even though they're basically equidistant from me.
I don't think my shop views in Houston, TX ever differed from anyone else's in other parts of the country. Maybe 1 time.

This one has been sitting for about a week with no takers. If it were GW or Limestone I would have snatched it.
Minus the mats and crossbars, this is the combo I asked my Guide to switch me to (basically switching from road to AT tires). Ugh...oh well now I get to wait for the R1S.
Sponsored