Sponsored

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023
I’ve been monitoring the Shop every day for dual motors … first time seeing a dual motor available. I’m holding out for my max pack.

Rivian R1T R1S First Dual Motor R1T appears in R1 Shop! IMG_0685
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Did you take it? Really interesting that it's $70k. Must mean they are still giving price protected people a discount in the shop since you can't change to this configuration yet.

Last edited:

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

It shows as $80K for me. I’m guessing you have a pre price hike reservation, right?
Rivian R1T R1S First Dual Motor R1T appears in R1 Shop! IMG_1194

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
$70k looks like a pretty incredible deal.
It does look like a great deal. But considering what Ford did recently, it would really be nice to see if they could get a configuration to around $65k. I think they would move a lot more trucks at that price. Eliminate the AC inverter and inflator, camp speaker, reduce the number of speakers, less expensive wheels, etc.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BrentInCO

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

It does look like a great deal. But considering what Ford did recently, it would really be nice to see if they could get a configuration to around $65k. I think they would move a lot more trucks at that price. Eliminate the AC inverter and inflator, camp speaker, reduce the number of speakers, less expensive wheels, etc.
I'm guessing they won't end up decontenting the R1 like that because they want some pricing space between the highest end R2 and the lowest end R1.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Well, now that Rivian seems to have R1T production dialed in, maybe they can re-introduce an entry-level Explore trim again one day.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

Show me a dual-motor R1S for under $80k and maybe I won't wait for my vinyl dash after all.

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Rivian should have poured billions into battery supply contracts with sharing of capital costs right after the IPO. I don’t think they did that, so batteries will be still be hugely expensive and scarce because competition is fierce. Everybody is moving into EVs and needs batteries.

I think the best they can do will be a LFP battery plus a muted interior.

ebarke

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
why does this matter?
Occupation
software engineer
Clubs

Is that really a good deal? for $1500 more, you can get the quad...I think that's a better deal than to save 1500 for the dual?

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
Tough sell. $80K for the dual is kinda comparable to the Ford Lightning Lariat at best. That prices out online at $77,590 and includes destination charges... and a current $1750 incentive from Ford.

Tough as the F150 is larger, has a lot of functionality, and simple stuff like sliding power windows, powered tailgate, panoramic moonroof that opens and has a powered shade, etc. I'd have to go with the Ford now in some ways. And the PAAK probably works ;-)
Sponsored