OP

jskyler

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE RB/BM/22 Brights delivered May 23
I got a R1S coming possibly next week with a build date of OCTOBER! Some have said that this is ok, that it would have been gone over by QC and may be better than average. If I get a bad feeling I’ll pass and wait some more.
I had thought the same thing and even told myself, well you get the extra 12V outlet in the Frunk and the Meridian sound. However, after my experience, I would not even wait to see that vehicle before I rejected it.
Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
  1. The wheel shudders like a misaligned Ford Taurus from the early 90's! I should have taken a video, but anything above 80 MPH and the wheel was shuddering like crazy. My watch even thought I was working out!!
I hope you get your delivery figured out and sorry you have to deal with this. FWIW, I had the same steering wheel shaking issues on my R1T - anything above 80 the wheel shook like crazy. Rivian was able to fix it, after 2 service visit and an alignment and wheel balance. It’s MUCH better than it was before and the only reason I notice it was because of the prior issues - if it would have been delivered this way I wouldn’t even have noticed. FYI, they do say its a product of the steering wheel not being heavy enough and that they are designing the next round to be heavier…not sure if that impacts your decision.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
With the service centers so busy and overbooked you’d think factory QC would improve to alleviate the after sales impact.
Service needs a major scale-up....really hope it is comming soon...

Reactions: Guy

Big Bad VooDoo

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
Medical
As far as I read, the changes were the 3-point belt and a design change on the floor of the driver's side. Certainly not something that is overly concerning for me at this point and I've gotten my wife more comfortable with it as well.

Right now the panel issues are the most glaring and I'll be talking to my guide on Monday as I'm not inclined to send it to the SC to be "fixed" given they had so many months to fix these issues from the build date.
Thanks for the update on the floor change on driver side. Hope everything else goes well them. Do you know if the service center gives you a loaner when they are making repairs?

Tmack7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,Subaru Ascent
I had thought the same thing and even told myself, well you get the extra 12V outlet in the Frunk and the Meridian sound. However, after my experience, I would not even wait to see that vehicle before I rejected it.
I’m just picked up a 43xx build from shop and am go back and forth between excitement and anxiety. Your post definitely pushes me more towards anxiety. It’s a 2023 and my guide tried telling me build date was 4/23. When pushed he said ”All the information I have available shows this as an April build.” But this isn’t a firm yes.
I asked about getting back on list and having shop access and got this “Our internal process are very confusing but you wouldn't go to the back of the line but we have zero idea what your new estimated delivery window would be right now. If you decide you do not want the vehicle that is coming your way now we remove this vehicle that is for your order and reconfigure and submit your order again. The next refreshed delivery window estimates would be released around June/July. Then we would have a better idea when the next one would be estimated to be coming.” This doesn’t give me more ch confidence I won’t end up in 2024 time range. So I decided to keep it, but your post doesn’t give me hope.

Also got this:
“The R1Shop Invites are good for one shop vehicle. We can un-match you from the vehicle and submit your order back to the queue but you would not get R1Shop access again.”

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

jskyler

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the update on the floor change on driver side. Hope everything else goes well them. Do you know if the service center gives you a loaner when they are making repairs?
My SC does provide loaners but it would not be a Rivian from what they tell me. I'd rather have them pick it up as I have a spare vehicle, but they charge for that now.

OP
OP

jskyler

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m just picked up a 43xx build from shop and am go back and forth between excitement and anxiety. Your post definitely pushes me more towards anxiety. It’s a 2023 and my guide tried telling me build date was 4/23. When pushed he said ”All the information I have available shows this as an April build.” But this isn’t a firm yes.
That would definitely not be an April build. It's not your Guide's fault as they have no real details. If they unmatch you I would think they put you at the the top of the list but who knows - this is Rivian after all.

Birdowin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T / Tesla model S
Occupation
Retired from construction.
The sound system in my R1t is as good as any that I have heard. I get that from my passengers too.

Tmack7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,Subaru Ascent
That would definitely not be an April build. It's not your Guide's fault as they have no real details. If they unmatch you I would think they put you at the the top of the list but who knows - this is Rivian after all.
Yeah I would 100% unmatch if I could get back to my original date and also still maintain shop access! But the reply from guide suggest otherwise. He said he would still be my guide so that’s helpful to still have a guide. I’m guessing based on your experience you would suggest to unmatch?
It’s the unknown/unclear answers by the guide that cause me to hesitate

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Reading all of the above is now freaking me out. I picked up a vehicle from the shop Friday but for some reason I see no VIN. It just states configuration confirmed. I hope when I do see the VIN it’s not in the low range y’all are seeing. To me that would mean it was rejected and put back up for sale. I read somewhere that the VIN’s are now in the low 10,000 range.

Sponsored

JACE

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Have you made a final decision on returning? Would be interested in hearing the full details on how Rivian handles a return.

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Have you made a final decision on returning? Would be interested in hearing the full details on how Rivian handles a return.
Same.

Tmack7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,Subaru Ascent
Reading all of the above is now freaking me out. I picked up a vehicle from the shop Friday but for some reason I see no VIN. It just states configuration confirmed. I hope when I do see the VIN it’s not in the low range y’all are seeing. To me that would mean it was rejected and put back up for sale. I read somewhere that the VIN’s are now in the low 10,000 range.
That’s my worry. But trying to get over it. Anyone on the forum reject an El Cap LE? I’ll post after I pick mine up or reject it!

Dave711

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model YP, Lexus SC430
Clubs

My guide assured me that if I returned it within the 7-day window because of these issues I could get back on the list for a different one. Will only know if that was accurate should I try to return it!
I understand that you can get back in the que but at the higher price.

Dave711

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model YP, Lexus SC430
Clubs

That’s my worry. But trying to get over it. Anyone on the forum reject an El Cap LE? I’ll post after I pick mine up or reject it!
Yes I rejected one with 20" wheels and spare tire. It had a build number of 1xxxx or so. I looked up the vin number on a website and it showed a 2022 build date. I did not see it.
Sponsored