Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot
Occupation
Software
Clubs

so i FINALLY picked up my R1s on Monday, the 25th (earlier post here: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/finally.18565/#post-389146) from Costa Mesa. No delays in the delivery date; in fact, I was about 45 minutes late to my appointment.

They really only wanted my driver's license and an electronic signature for registration that arrived via email as soon as I presented myself. After that, the car was mine. I was asked to look at the car and check it for defects and such... Honestly, it was very hot out and I asked if I could do this from home. There was an immediate problem with the door gap near the bottom being so close to the fender that it rubbed when closing- I was told to create a Service appointment immediately on the phone app. The car was clean but, you know, not great clean...a lot of water spots, dust in creases, etc. Other issues with alignment and gaps were found without me even looking for them. I kind of just gave the car a 360 and headed inside for the infotainment deep dive (which really is the same as the one from the demo drive) just to make sure the features worked.

I had an appointment with VAIA later in the day at Riverside to get it wrapped, ceramic coated and tinted and I asked Drew, the Rivian rep handling the delivery, if I could have the VAIA tech write up the defects he finds and submit a week later - he said no problem. I got my wristband (LE), cards and carabiner and off we went. It drives amazing...much smoother than I remember from the demo drive. I was sad to drop it off so fast...after 2 years of waiting for it!

I got a call from Rivian today asking about the door issue and I explained what the plan was with having a PPF installer find the defects and I'd report them later in the week. He said absolutely no problem and that Rivian would fix all the issues.

Didn't even take many pics of my baby.....

Zor

Rivian R1T R1S FINALLY ... delivery continued 20230925_113724
Rivian R1T R1S FINALLY ... delivery continued WhatsApp Image 2023-09-25 at 12.16.26 PM
Sponsored