Sponsored

The Count's not so hot take (day 1 after R1S delivery)

OP
OP
Count Orlok

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
about 2,000 miles in and I still am pleased with the R1S. One subtle aspect of it that I appreciate is that it does not have much of a malodorous "new car" smell. Inhaling fewer VOC is probably good for my health.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Count Orlok

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

two words: not bad...

the Count's not so hot take:
  1. first thing you should do is disable the lane assist (it is very aggressive and misreads lane borders).
  2. second thing to do: if you're not using the 3rd row put those seats down or else you're vision is blocked by the 3rd row headrests.
  3. With aplomb and road 21s, it cut through 6 inches of snow on my unplowed drive as well as the 20 inch high county snow plow bank where the drive meets the road.
  4. ride quality: soft and meandering on 4-lane roads 60-80 mph; nimble and responsive on curving country roads.
  5. noise: no more wind noise than our GLS or F-150. The motor sounds will take getting used to but are not terrible. However, there is a lot more noise than any other vehicle I've owned coming from salt, slush, and road gravel into the wheel wells.
  6. panel gaps: nothing too bad but not quite as tied down as I would expect for a "luxury" brand.
  7. Chicago SC delivery team was amazing.

the Count's minor gripes:
  • R1S rendering on the driver's screen is not the color of the vehicle.
  • fixed headrest (1975 called and also suggests a bench front seat).
  • L1 charging, holy hell... I assume it takes a while for the software to learn my house but in the first 55 minutes it lost 4 miles.
Also thought the Chicago SC delivery team was excellent, had a great experience. Welcome to the club, hope you continue to enjoy it - I charged on L1 for a few months until i could get a circuit install scheduled - it'll do the job, but I never had to do it in the outside/cold I suspect it's going to be a very slow process... Sooner you can get the L2 sorted the happier you will be

LeftMySoulinNM

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
about 2,000 miles in and I still am pleased with the R1S. One subtle aspect of it that I appreciate is that it does not have much of a malodorous "new car" smell. Inhaling fewer VOC is probably good for my health.
I found it strong for a few days but not bad at all. And ultimately I did enjoy and appreciate the fact that it smelled like a new car. My Tesla Model 3 never had much of a new car smell from day 1. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Sponsored