Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Audi SQ5,
Occupation
Tired
Clubs

Now that we are about 4 months from start of delivery (if Rivian sticks to its June target) I think we should soon be seeing Rivian asking us to finalize our orders. Mine (6612) is probably a couple of months off, but those of you with low order numbers must be getting close. Anyone hearing anything yet?
Now that we are about 4 months from start of delivery (if Rivian sticks to its June target) I think we should soon be seeing Rivian asking us to finalize our orders. Mine (6612) is probably a couple of months off, but those of you with low order numbers must be getting close. Anyone hearing anything yet?
Speaking only for NY here as laws in various states may differ but NY has buyers remorse law where you can return a car within 3 days of either signing contract or taking possession, not exactly sure which. Those cars can still be sold as new with as many as 5000 mi. ? (mile requirement may have changed). My Dad got a Ram pickup this way although it was discounted from the dealer. Sellers (including Tesla) obviously hate this which is why Tesla bans you from buying a like model & trim for a period of time if you return.
This makes me wonder how they will handle the contract of final build and taking possession. What if you finalize your build and 90 days later when it shows up at your door you want to refuse due to some details/ build quality. I would think you are under no obligation until you have possession. Any thoughts?
"What if you finalize your build and 90 days later when it shows up..." Keep dreaming, 90 days? I've been waiting 2 years and 3 months now for mine.
Anyway, point well taken.
Sponsored

Whataboykie!

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Audi SQ5,
Occupation
Tired
Clubs

I think it's highly unlikely that Rivian will deliver as scheduled....at least not at full capacity. IMHO too many people have unanswered questions about vehicle specifics that Rivian has not addressed yet. I wonder if they have yet to finalized all aspects of the vehicle, so it seems to me that delivery in 4 months seems like a long shot. In addition there is a global shortage of computer control chips ATM.

I'm quite fine with waiting...and like many won't purchase sight unseen. As an example, I had pre-ordered Model Y as my first EV. However I didn't purchase when offered because I wanted to see some reviews first. The initial reviews were concerning and after considering all options finally cancelled my order. I continued to research EVs and then started to love Rivian and have preordered with them. IMHO its too much money to support a new vehicle without actually seeing/driving or waiting for good reviews of the final product. Patience is difficult but many times is rewarding. My hope is that Rivian really takes their time to get this right.
Well since Rivian started on the R1T back in 2009!, and having had many delays and postponements, I think they have their sh#t together now. I am also pleased at all the R&D and testing they've done over the years. I think their vehicles are going to be great and cannot wait for mine in June? Yeah I hope so, ordered on Nov 29th, 2018.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
3. They already announced financing with Chase, and what do they have to add about insurance? Thats on you
Tesla owners had issues getting affordable insurance. It was enough of a problem that Tesla is rolling out their own insurance agency.

Rivian has already said they are standing up an insurance team. They may focus on working with existing insurers to help educate them and provide data. They may partner with one or more companies to offer policies to Rivian owners. They may start their own insurance product -- we don't know yet.

Asking for details about Rivian and insurance is a fair request.
Not to mention, we still don't know enough about the financing. Do we need to be approved and place a down payment prior to order finalization, or prior to delivery? Because there could be months between those two milestones. Also unclear how trade-ins will impact the financing process - i.e. are Chase and Cox Automotive talking to each other?

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Well since Rivian started on the R1T back in 2009!
More like 2013ish. They started out with a different concept and changed around 2013, if I remember correctly.

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
... Something doesnt add up - you got septic and ex-lapped for appendicitis, with no previous symptoms and were on a vent for 3 days? Not really the point of the thread, but theres not much to talk about besides the weather
Yep - though I had symptoms, I didn't think they were "that bad" (I have occasional kidney stones) until it suddenly ruptured mid stride. I take blood thinners too, which meant the doc also used a fortune in keeping me pressurized. It was also my second incision in that area (colon resection), which had left a lot of scar tissue, but at least he had a guideline of where to cut :)

Sponsored

ERguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I emailed rivian asking about when I can see an R1T and R1S and hopefully drive them. I got a response back stating the "experience centers" will be open later in 2021.

As of now, it doesn't seem like they have any target dates to share. It seems like it will be a while.

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
Yep - though I had symptoms, I didn't think they were "that bad" (I have occasional kidney stones) until it suddenly ruptured mid stride. I take blood thinners too, which meant the doc also used a fortune in keeping me pressurized. It was also my second incision in that area (colon resection), which had left a lot of scar tissue, but at least he had a guideline of where to cut :)
That makes a lot more sense. glad you're doing better.

Regarding the chase financing/downpayment, I'd imagine either they have a lower guaranteed rate (For instance my wife's mazda was a 0% through chase), or its just like getting financing these days - credit score, preapproval and figure out the downpayment/monthly you're comfortable with

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
That makes a lot more sense. glad you're doing better.

Regarding the chase financing/downpayment, I'd imagine either they have a lower guaranteed rate (For instance my wife's mazda was a 0% through chase), or its just like getting financing these days - credit score, preapproval and figure out the downpayment/monthly you're comfortable with
I think that was @sevengroove , but I will be curious to see Chase's aggressiveness in this vs my credit union's 1.79%@36mo

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
Well since Rivian started on the R1T back in 2009!, and having had many delays and postponements, I think they have their sh#t together now. I am also pleased at all the R&D and testing they've done over the years. I think their vehicles are going to be great and cannot wait for mine in June? Yeah I hope so, ordered on Nov 29th, 2018.
It appears they have done more testing, over a longer period of time, than any other start-up in history. They should be ready, albeit there is bound to be some sporadic glitches.
Sponsored