Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Porsche Taycan, Tesla Model Y, Mini
Occupation
Physician
R1S LE - Order Date February 21, 2019 - # 7,6XX

Delivery Date (Per Rivian email sent back in November, 2021) = April-May, 2022

How/When do I present my final configuration to Rivian ?

I really do not want to fiddle (on the Rivian website) with my original build color/interior/options (that I submitted 11/16/2020) because I do not want to chance a catastrophic fall from my place in line -- However, I may want to make an adjustment -- Will Rivian contact me to do this or will they just go ahead and build my submitted configuration that I submitted previously?

Also concerned about a particular option or color or wheel design pushing me back on the delivery timeline - will Rivian come forward with a list of items/colors which would delay the build?

Thanks
Sponsored

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
I really do not want to fiddle (on the Rivian website) with my original build color/interior/options (that I submitted 11/16/2020) because I do not want to chance a catastrophic fall from my place in line -- However, I may want to make an adjustment -- Will Rivian contact me to do this or will they just go ahead and build my submitted configuration that I submitted previously?.................
This sure seems unknowable until you get a guide, other than Rivian saying changes could delay delivery. You've probably seen messages here, It "appears" in some cases they are building vehicles somewhat based on what they have parts for, while trying to match the most common configs, then matching up with customers.

I have the same concerns. In my case, I sent an email to CS a couple weeks ago asking 4 questions, how they handle sales in my state, with strong dealer laws (apparently not a problem), if I could get the charger early (apparently not, referred me to not yet existant guide), how could I get a test drive or view a vehicle ( no schedule or list of drive/viewing opportunities avail), and what would be the impact of making a change (I might change wheel size or interior finish if they are going cause my delivery date to slip).

Question:
Will some of my (current) configuration choices cause my delivery schedule to slip? Worried most about the Forest Edge Interior and 21" wheels.
3. If so, can I change my configuration to maintain the May/June delivery date?
4. I've held off making any changes even though a lot of new information has been released by Rivian, reviewers and customers, but am waiting for guide contact to finalize my configuration. Will I be able to make any changes as part of the guide discussion (wheel size, interior color)?

Answer:

1. I don’t have insight into our production, supply or delivery schedules to provide insight, but we haven’t received updated delivery windows at this time.
  2. Any edits to your configuration may impact your delivery window.
  3. When your Guide reaches out, they’ll review your selections and next steps. You can discuss any edits you’re considering at that time, and they may be able to provide more information on how your timing may be impacted.

Last edited:

KiloV

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5 Cabriolet, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Executive
When your truck approaches its build window, your guide will reach out and confirm your config. Once you confirm the config, they will go ahead and build the truck and you'll be on the road to delivery. For the most part tweaking your config options when you speak to your guide shouldn't cause you any delays; but if you make major changes (e.g., changing to Explore trim, or Max Pack), then you will probably have a delay. If you select an accessory that they don't have in stock (e.g., the tent), that won't slow down your build. You'll still get your truck, but you may not get your back-ordered accessories for weeks or even months. There have been rumors swirling that Ocean Coast and Forest Edge interiors have been driving delays. I don't know if that's true or not. I haven't seen either of those interiors delivered so far, so take that for what it's worth.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

When your truck approaches its build window, your guide will reach out and confirm your config. Once you confirm the config, they will go ahead and build the truck and you'll be on the road to delivery.
Just an fyi, this is not how they've been operating.

They build giant batches of BM interior, then go down the preorder list offering customers a vehicle.

That may change in the future and with specific configs like FE interior.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I’d rather change now and get in the queue with my final config today than wait for a guide call and change then and potentially go to the back of the line later. Seems more likely to throw things off if you make last minute changes.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

When your truck approaches its build window, your guide will reach out and confirm your config. Once you confirm the config, they will go ahead and build the truck and you'll be on the road to delivery. For the most part tweaking your config options when you speak to your guide shouldn't cause you any delays; but if you make major changes (e.g., changing to Explore trim, or Max Pack), then you will probably have a delay. If you select an accessory that they don't have in stock (e.g., the tent), that won't slow down your build. You'll still get your truck, but you may not get your back-ordered accessories for weeks or even months. There have been rumors swirling that Ocean Coast and Forest Edge interiors have been driving delays. I don't know if that's true or not. I haven't seen either of those interiors delivered so far, so take that for what it's worth.
You have delivery date already?

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I’d rather change now and get in the queue with my final config today than wait for a guide call and change then and potentially go to the back of the line later. Seems more likely to throw things off if you make last minute changes.
This is how I've been operating as well. Make changes to the configurator as soon as you are sure of wanting something, so that Rivian has your preferences up to date before they decide to lock your config in.

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
They build giant batches of BM interior, then go down the preorder list offering customers a vehicle.
Just expanding on this, not disagreeing, from looking at the order delivery list, certainly all BM, but also see no 21" wheels, no White or Red R1T's etc. So maybe even a little more limited than just BM interiors. Would be surprised if they aren't delivering at least white versions by now.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Just expounding on what others are saying - based on what we know they have Black Mountain interior supplies so they are making Launch Edition trucks with that interior. The issue is going to be Launch Edition reservation holders who stick with the other interior choices. How long those will be delayed we don't know, but they have not yet made any non-launch vehicles.

I would imagine that would start mid year since (I believe) a lot of early reservation non-launch models are slated for the large July - September window (myself included).

Last edited:

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Just expanding on this, not disagreeing, from looking at the order delivery list, certainly all BM, but also see no 21" wheels, no White or Red R1T's etc. So maybe even a little more limited than just BM interiors. Would be surprised if they aren't delivering at least white versions by now.
A red one was delivered yesterday and posted to Reddit. https://www.reddit.com/gallery/tmu58n

The lack of 21" wheels is likely due to the free upgraded wheels for the LE. Rivian seemingly didn't expect people to stick with the 21s and apparently has not had many, or any, available for LE deliveries.

Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
A red one was delivered yesterday and posted to Reddit. https://www.reddit.com/gallery/tmu58n

The lack of 21" wheels is likely due to the free upgraded wheels for the LE. Rivian seemingly didn't expect people to stick with the 21s and apparently has not had many, or any, available for LE deliveries.
I'm guessing supply chain and reliance on a single supplier for all the tires might be part of the delay for the 21s. The free "upgrade" is great, but it comes at a range penalty, so there's a downside to getting 20s or 22s.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

there are definitely white deliveries. maybe not in the list, but they have happened.