Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

thanks. That is cool, but I just want an off-road trailer to haul a 4-wheeler. Is there an option for that?
I believe they get the actual trailers from Turtleback. I think they are pretty spendy though. If you just want a trailer to haul a 4-wheeler probably better options out there.

https://turtlebacktrailers.com/

Vik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S | Model S LR | Model Y Perf
Can we get truck nuts on the back to complete the look?

Sponsored

ATL_R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Adventure
Clubs

For the upcoming price difference of free vs. DCE lift, I'd happily just take High mode at speeds above 45mph.
You can already do this - just put it in Off-road Rally mode and you can drive at High ride height at any speed you want without it lowering automatically above 45mph.

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
You can already do this - just put it in Off-road Rally mode and you can drive at High ride height at any speed you want.
Right, but you lose some sensors and the "sway bars" are mostly disconnected, from what I understand. I tried it out for a bit but the sensors being off was a non-starter around town.

Sponsored

S7N Systems

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep GC Trailhalk Jeep Wrangler Jeep XJ
Occupation
Manufacturing
It's interesting that they fitted it with a new skid plate. I wonder if that can be fitted to R1s without the reinforced underbody shield. I would guess that that would be attractive to more people vs. a 3 inch lift.
Do you think Rivians need more aftermarket skid plates and off-road equipment? Could An American made aftermarket company still come out with product?

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Do you think Rivians need more aftermarket skid plates and off-road equipment? Could An American made aftermarket company still come out with product?
I think the biggest unmet offroad equipment request from owners would be front/rear bumpers with skid plates to meet the factory underbody shield. Also a winch bumper.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I think the biggest unmet offroad equipment request from owners would be front/rear bumpers with skid plates to meet the factory underbody shield. Also a winch bumper.
If you're actually keeping track of your payload, all this equipment starts really eating into it. Definitely curious if DCE thinks that number should be adjusted at all after adding this kit.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

If you're actually keeping track of your payload, all this equipment starts really eating into it. Definitely curious if DCE thinks that number should be adjusted at all after adding this kit.
No argument there, I don't even really have payload available for my sliders that are coming tomorrow.
Sponsored