Sponsored

Sconces

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2 Comp/Rivian R1T
Was your dash cam running? Hopefully it captured something. Would be interested to see
Sponsored

OP
OP
DRIVIAN

DRIVIAN

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2020 BMW X3 Xdrive30e
Occupation
Business Strategy Consulting
Clubs

Sorry, this has happened.

I’d be interested in hearing what happened once you get some feedback. Has EA offered to cover any costs associated with the repair?
I got a call from EA yesterday, suggesting there is a process for being reimbursed for expenses incurred as a result of this incident. They did provide the caveat that compensation could be denied. The call was friendly and informative. So far customer service from both EA and Rivian has been good. We'll see how it goes as we get to a root cause analysis.

OP
OP
DRIVIAN

DRIVIAN

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Was your dash cam running? Hopefully it captured something. Would be interested to see
I'm unaware of the dash cam running during charging stops, and until the car is serviced I don't have easy access to the memory stick to check.

OP
OP
DRIVIAN

DRIVIAN

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

That really sucks. I was thinking about using spot for an upcoming road trip, if I take the R1T over my Wrangler. Hopefully they get it settled, but I’d be worried about EA and Rivian blaming each other.
I've had a way better experience at the EA location at Rockingham Park Mall EA location. It's a bit south of Manchester. PlugShare also rates it well.

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

So ea 350s may still be an issue. Stick to the 150s

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Edition
EA deploys stations from many different manufacturers. It may be the case that some makes/builds of chargers (and cables, and connectors, etc.) have this specific problem more often than others, especially if the problem occurred within the charger and not on the vehicle side. From the photos, it looks like these were Signet nameplates? YMMV.

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

I'm unaware of the dash cam running during charging stops, and until the car is serviced I don't have easy access to the memory stick to check.
I'm sure if you reach out to service and ask them to pop that USB for you so it doesn't overwrite anything you *may* have captured, they'd happily oblige. I've always found, by and large, Rivian Service Advisors genuinely want to be helpful.

hilld

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Cooper SE, Z4, X1
Interesting thread. I had an issue the other day at an EA 350kW charger (BTC Power), were once it hit 220kW for the charge rate, it simply stopped. I could restart but it would error out again within a few seconds once it hit the 220kW again. The other stations were occupied, but I had charged enough by then ~20kW/h to make it home. My next charging station was at a 150kW station 3-4 days later and it never errored out.

OP
OP
DRIVIAN

DRIVIAN

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

I wanted to send an update to the group regarding this episode. I picked my truck up on Saturday, October 21. They'd had it ready since Thursday, but I couldn't drive down until Saturday. They'd replaced the 12 V batteries, the HV battery, and a central gateway module. Rivian said they can't determine the root cause until they perform an autopsy on the battery. In any regard, they repaired it under warranty and will deal with Electrify America themselves if they determine the charger was to blame. I have no complaints with any of it. The service advisor Brian stayed in touch throughout the entire experience and did a good job of managing my expectations. I had a loaner for the duration, which was nice. At no time did I get the feeling they were going to leave me in the lurch.

My synopsis is that while there are normal startup issues, they've got the culture right. The rest will follow. And I still love this truck!

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Thanks for the follow-up. So many people just post the problem and never the resolution.
Sponsored