Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management

from @MXA121:
”Rivian is slightly more efficient, both indicated numbers and via charging confirmation.
Ford took in 30.164 kwh
Rivian took in 28.77 kwh and charged 5 min faster”
Sponsored

Last edited:

MXA121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model 3
Rivian is slightly more efficient, both indicated numbers and via charging confirmation.
Ford took in 30.164 kwh
Rivian took in 28.77 kwh and charged 5 min faster

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I know this may be difficult to pull off in practice but I wish @OutofSpecKyle included some sort of 24 hour standard efficiency test or just at rest efficiency test. Rivian has had reported power loss of 4KWh-10KWh per day when at rest. It seems like after update that has improved to 1.3 KWh-1.8KWh. For folks like me that don't drive much that could tip the numbers significantly depending on how good or bad F150 is in that regard. Until folks like Kyle start shining some light on this, companies like Tesla and Rivian will treat it as free energy.

Last edited:

Sponsored

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

I think people need to stop posting videos without a summary of what’s in it. The info provided might be interesting but the majority of these guys are more than annoying and babble on and on for hours. Most of us have better things to do than dealing with click bait and wasting another 15-30 minutes.

Last edited:

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I think people need to stop posting videos without a summary of what’s in it. The info provided might be interesting but the majority of these guys are more than annoying and babble on and on for hours. Most of us have better things to do that dealing with click bait and wasting another 15-30 minutes.
But then they'll stress out that they may not be "first" to post.

OutofSpecKyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Winnebago Revel
The YouTube world supports long videos - our watch time increases the longer the video - personally, I don't make videos to please algorithms but rather explain all testing procedures. For those who are truly interested, they'll watch and our numbers show that. You can be upset our videos are long but we are incentivized, on multiple fronts, to keep them this way

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Sponsored

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
The YouTube world supports long videos - our watch time increases the longer the video - personally, I don't make videos to please algorithms but rather explain all testing procedures. For those who are truly interested, they'll watch and our numbers show that. You can be upset our videos are long but we are incentivized, on multiple fronts, to keep them this way
Personally I have watched a few of your videos and while long, they are interesting most of the way through. It doesn't seem like there's much filler. But since I also only have time to watch things during my work day, my abillity to focus on any one thing more than like 15-20 minutes is rare, before work actually gets in the way. I completely understand how and why it can be beneficial for you and your team with the longer videos, though.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I did a ride along with you in the rivian when you had to make a U-turn. It was long but it was very pleasant. Like listening to the ocean sound in the background. when I am busy, I still can get what I want out of them. in a comp video like this, folks can just slide to the end. you are fine. as long as there is a method to your madness, folks with different time resources can use them differently.

You are one of my favorite content creators. Keepem coming.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
At the end of the day, what Kyle does is a business. The longer the video the more YT Premium $$$ it generates. We may not realize it, but creators are monetized by watch duration time now in addition to AdSense dollars.

That said, 10ish minutes of exposition about the methodology is a bit much and contributes to the perception of overly long videos. A bulleted list would have helped.

I liked the video though.

Last edited:

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Anybody want to give cliff's notes on this? I can't handle watching their videos, way too long
I agree with you that the videos are way too long. If you give him a chance and sit through it, you will get generally good insight but you do have to sit through a lot of stuff that should have been left on the cutting room floor. Hopefully he takes this constructive criticism to heart and spends a little more effort cutting down his videos.

That said, I've decided that based on the indisputably Out of Spec way he acquired the R1T, hashed to death in another thread, I'm not going to reward bad behavior by watching any of his R1T content and giving him my views.

I wish him well, and I will consider watching his non-R1T content, but I too will ask for cliff notes on these videos.

OP
OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
But then they'll stress out that they may not be "first" to post.
I think people need to stop posting videos without a summary of what’s in it. The info provided might be interesting but the majority of these guys are more than annoying and babble on and on for hours. Most of us have better things to do that dealing with click bait and wasting another 15-30 minutes.
I usually post these videos right when I see them on the way the work in the morning, so you guys are watching it pretty close to when I am. I usually just play it in the background at 1.5 speed or if it’s a really long video just skip to the end.

If I see a double post I usually ask the Admin to delete mine, because I don’t want to post duplicate information. Just trying to put things out there I think people would be interested in.

I’ll start updating the original post when I can with the relevant information though
Sponsored

Last edited: