Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Today had nothing to do with Rivian. Fisker news brought down the entire startup EV space. Fsr, lcid, psny, rivn all fell a lot and exhibited the same intraday stock trading pattern. Blame the algos.

Tahoe Man

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Still holding on and way below my average but seems like this retard stock just doesn’t want to go up. Do we have to wait till R2 comes on line? And do we have to wait another year after that to get the volumes up to the street’s liking. Damn ☹. How are those EDV priced? Any chance of them getting some non Amazon sales? It looks like the stock will drop 7% for no reason on any given day. Sigh! The poor house sure doesn’t look good.
Do you expect honest feedback on a Rivian forum in regards to a stock forecast with their stock down like 90%???

All you have to do is go back over a year and look at the replies and discussions regarding owning RIVN.

Nix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No Dox
It is worse than you think. Not only do R2's have to go into production, and successfully ramp up, they also have to show good margins before increases in RIVN share prices will stick in the long term. Rivian will be too heavily invested in the R2 over the next years for the R2 to fail and not send shares into a slide, so prices will reflect that risk as an overhang no matter what good news we hear about R1's.

And the market hasn't even seen R2's yet, so RIVN will move sideways based on the R2 risk overhang until R2 success gets baked back into the stock price again and sticks. I say baked back in again, because it was already baked into the IPO price.

Even when an R2 success becomes imminent, the entire EV sector (especially TSLA) will have to be healthy for RIVN values to go up and stay up and not get drug down by the rest of the sector.

This all sounds bad, but this is exactly what TSLA had to go through, and there are no guarantees for RIVN (or TSLA for that matter). RIVN is a highly speculative stock that had all the dreams of every possible success already baked into the IPO price.

The scenarios for being well-rewarded by a RIVN stock massive success are narrow and will require weathering many price cycles. RIVN repeatedly reports "We have incurred net losses since our inception" and "expect to incur significant expenses and continuing losses for the foreseeable future" in their SEC filings quarter after quarter. RIVN is not a get rich quick proposition, it never was dating all the way back to the IPO. It was always going to be a risky long term investment choice that would depend on multiple successes to pay out.

IF you are going to crack every time the price goes through a price cycle, it is going to seem even longer.

Now you know so you don't need to post doom3, doom4, doom5, etc threads each time the share prices cycle up and down as they trade sideways until the R2 success is baked back into the stock.

Last edited:

Sponsored

1T2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T3YR1T
Clubs

I averaged down to $16. Prepare to buy more on dip and sale at high soon. I am a short term investor, learning to stomach the risk and looking up bright side.

ImAI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, R1T
Unless you are a short-seller, you should quit the world of investing with a nickname like that.

Sponsored

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Two threads. Both complaining about stock prices. Imo here just to whine rather than listen to constructive feedback.

My opinion price will rebound once interest rates go down and NACS becomes standard. In the meantime, stock goes up - buy. Stock goes down - buy more. 🤔😊

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Duuude, it is going to be a long wait. Years and years.

Especially me who has a cost of $96 haha. I had a bunch at over $110 but averaged down as I bought more. But still. I mean what can you do except laugh. :)

As someone said, don't invest more than you can afford to lose.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Stocks are down a lot of the time. That is a feature, not a bug. You have to be able to ignore all that down time.

IMG_1324.jpeg

https://awealthofcommonsense.com/2023/10/the-crash-callers-wont-save-you/
And if more folks think like OP, and their numbers reach critical mass, they will be the cause of a crash… because the market is by nature speculative and driven by mood swings. Herd mentality rules, whether it’s bulls or bears leading the stampede.

Anyone playing this stock for short term gain doesn’t know what they are doing. And those who don’t are prone to fear and paranoia.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Doomsday

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7, Audi q5
Occupation
Healthcare worker
It is worse than you think. Not only do R2's have to go into production, and successfully ramp up, they also have to show good margins before increases in RIVN share prices will stick in the long term. Rivian will be too heavily invested in the R2 over the next years for the R2 to fail and not send shares into a slide, so prices will reflect that risk as an overhang no matter what good news we hear about R1's.

And the market hasn't even seen R2's yet, so RIVN will move sideways based on the R2 risk overhang until R2 success gets baked back into the stock price again and sticks. I say baked back in again, because it was already baked into the IPO price.

Even when an R2 success becomes imminent, the entire EV sector (especially TSLA) will have to be healthy for RIVN values to go up and stay up and not get drug down by the rest of the sector.

This all sounds bad, but this is exactly what TSLA had to go through, and there are no guarantees for RIVN (or TSLA for that matter). RIVN is a highly speculative stock that had all the dreams of every possible success already baked into the IPO price.

The scenarios for being well-rewarded by a RIVN stock massive success are narrow and will require weathering many price cycles. RIVN repeatedly reports "We have incurred net losses since our inception" and "expect to incur significant expenses and continuing losses for the foreseeable future" in their SEC filings quarter after quarter. RIVN is not a get rich quick proposition, it never was dating all the way back to the IPO. It was always going to be a risky long term investment choice that would depend on multiple successes to pay out.

IF you are going to crack every time the price goes through a price cycle, it is going to seem even longer.

Now you know so you don't need to post doom3, doom4, doom5, etc threads each time the share prices cycle up and down as they trade sideways until the R2 success is baked back into the stock.
What no doomed 3.0 ; you know I’d love that. Only wish $RIVN let it happen
Sponsored