Sponsored

Does anyone make real sliders that are NOT running boards too?

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Can you share a quick review of what you think of the GOAT sliders? I have not read much about them maybe because they are new. But the price is right for me so before I pull the trigger I would like to hear from someone who has installed them.

Did you have any issue with cutting the plastics? Based on their video it seems like just old eye ball is good enough as this holes are not visible. If they had a template it would make me feel better. Maybe.. I am not sure.
Overall, for the price I paid (15% off sale), I'm happy with them. Kids and the wife like the step part of it (I don't really need the step). Install was easy enough but I kept the plastics off in case I ever go back to stock. I do prefer the look of the Megawatt sliders but they are more $$$ and longer lead times.

Overall happy but would upgrade to a slim slider if someone came out with one.
Sponsored

Nine_One_Six_R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Clubs

Overall, for the price I paid (15% off sale), I'm happy with them. Kids and the wife like the step part of it (I don't really need the step). Install was easy enough but I kept the plastics off in case I ever go back to stock. I do prefer the look of the Megawatt sliders but they are more $$$ and longer lead times.

Overall happy but would upgrade to a slim slider if someone came out with one.

Any reason you kept the plastics off? Would that not let stuff/dirt/rust build up in there? Granted I won't see mud until Nov or so in my area but wondering if I should just leave the plastics off.

Any downsides to keeping the plastics off? It sounds like it would make the install a lot easier.

I also liked the Megawatt sliders the best for the coverage, lead times and pricing gave me many 2nd thoughts.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Any reason you kept the plastics off? Would that not let stuff/dirt/rust build up in there? Granted I won't see mud until Nov or so in my area but wondering if I should just leave the plastics off.

Any downsides to keeping the plastics off? It sounds like it would make the install a lot easier.

I also liked the Megawatt sliders the best for the coverage, lead times and pricing gave me many 2nd thoughts.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Unless you stick your head underneath, you won't really notice the difference. I think plastics off makes it easier to clean mud off from under the truck.

OP
OP
SwampNut

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Clubs

Unless you stick your head underneath, you won't really notice the difference. I think plastics off makes it easier to clean mud off from under the truck.
I haven't looked at the specific install steps yet, though I have a vague overview from various posts. In your opinion, would it make sense to pre-prep the panels now, whenever I have time, and make the install easier later? Or am I just going to have to repeat a lot of steps? My helper and I have done a lot of complex Jeep upgrades so it won't be "hard" to do, but not sure what time is involved.

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I haven't looked at the specific install steps yet, though I have a vague overview from various posts. In your opinion, would it make sense to pre-prep the panels now, whenever I have time, and make the install easier later? Or am I just going to have to repeat a lot of steps? My helper and I have done a lot of complex Jeep upgrades so it won't be "hard" to do, but not sure what time is involved.
Removing the plastic panels would be the only prep and it takes just a few minutes. If you plan to cut up the panels and reinstall them after the sliders go on, I imagine you need the sliders in order to measure accordingly.
Sponsored