Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I am happy to report that after reading all the posts about the EV Sportline running boards on here, I was able to complete my DIY install and am very happy with the outcome. I will confirm what others have said, that the product is very well constructed and high quality. I was a bit nervous about doing my own install, but it was actually pretty effortless and came out great (took about 5 hrs).

I used the option to cut out the L and T slots per the template as I wanted a cleaner look and wanted to retain the panels under the vehicle. I also used the @jebinc tip for Gorilla Patch Tape to close it off and make it even cleaner looking.

Tips learned from my process:
1) Don't forget to put the vehicle in Off Road mode for extra height (I initially only used High in All Purpose mode which is not full height)
2) Watch the videos on the EV Sportline site about dealing with the clips. A little patience getting them off helps.
3) We cut out the L and T slots from the paper template as well as the panel bolt reference holes and then used a sharpie to draw the L and T slots on the panels so there was no issue with paper shifting during the cutting process
4) Using an oscillating saw with a D shaped plastic cutting blade, was easy like cutting butter and resulted in clean cuts.

Here are some pics of the end results and the tape method to cover the gaps between the brackets and Panels.

Thanks @EV Sportline for putting out a great product.

IMG_5393.JPG
IMG_5394.JPG
IMG_5397.JPG
IMG_5382.JPG
IMG_5383.JPG

IMG_5379.JPG
McGrubber!!!!
Sponsored

eDad_R1S

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - LS w/ OC
I have been debating adding these to my R1S. Have you noticed any impact to the highway range?

OP
OP
Robotpedlr

Robotpedlr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivan R1S
Occupation
Sales
I have been debating adding these to my R1S. Have you noticed any impact to the highway range?
I would image the impact is very low (to nothing) since they are flat and have very limited horizontal surface area.

Sponsored

cashcollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I am happy to report that after reading all the posts about the EV Sportline running boards on here, I was able to complete my DIY install and am very happy with the outcome. I will confirm what others have said, that the product is very well constructed and high quality. I was a bit nervous about doing my own install, but it was actually pretty effortless and came out great (took about 5 hrs).

I used the option to cut out the L and T slots per the template as I wanted a cleaner look and wanted to retain the panels under the vehicle. I also used the @jebinc tip for Gorilla Patch Tape to close it off and make it even cleaner looking.

Tips learned from my process:
1) Don't forget to put the vehicle in Off Road mode for extra height (I initially only used High in All Purpose mode which is not full height)
2) Watch the videos on the EV Sportline site about dealing with the clips. A little patience getting them off helps.
3) We cut out the L and T slots from the paper template as well as the panel bolt reference holes and then used a sharpie to draw the L and T slots on the panels so there was no issue with paper shifting during the cutting process
4) Using an oscillating saw with a D shaped plastic cutting blade, was easy like cutting butter and resulted in clean cuts.

Here are some pics of the end results and the tape method to cover the gaps between the brackets and Panels.

Thanks @EV Sportline for putting out a great product.

IMG_5393.JPG
IMG_5394.JPG
IMG_5397.JPG
IMG_5382.JPG
IMG_5383.JPG

IMG_5379.JPG
Did you remove the panels for L and T cut?