First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
The tech told me that there was some play on the ends of the shafts and rust would collect there, causing that clicking noise as you slow down or accelerate at slow speeds. They added a washer to the end of the shaft to reduce the gap and the noises have gone away.

All good. When you schedule an appointment, make sure you ask for the current service duration. They may hold it for weeks for work that just takes a few hours or a day.
Mine had all the half shafts replaced but before they had a fix. They were good for about a few months and then the clunking at each wheel came back. I am hoping next time in will be the charm for that fix.
Sponsored

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
FWIW, I will always choose the San Jose Service Center location, even though it’s a bit further. I find their staff to be more helpful and my overall experience better.

OP
OP
PowerBugs

PowerBugs

First Name
Dru
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Got an update this morning, that mine is in delay. it will be next week (11/8/23) at the earliest so two weeks from drop off.. she cautioned me that it could be as much as 3 weeks due to current backlog they have at service. I remember going through this with TESLA about 6 or 7 years ago but that time i just had to wait a month or two for an appointment and was in and out in a day... not wait 2 months for the appointment then 3 weeks for repair after drop off. Fingers Crossed it will be done next week.
I dropped off mine a day before you so hopefully when they finish working on my truck, yours will be s00n 😆 or I will be jealous if you get yours first.

OP
OP
PowerBugs

PowerBugs

First Name
Dru
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
I've swapped out my wipers for PIAA silicones months ago. No problems.

Half shaft recall affect many early models. Surprised you haven't gotten notified / fixed yet.
So the Rivian employee lied to me that only oem wipers will work because she told me that aftermarket wipers don’t have the special connectors that Rivian uses.

Tonicart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
So the Rivian employee lied to me that only oem wipers will work because she told me that aftermarket wipers don’t have the special connectors that Rivian uses.
It's a standard J-hook. Try it out ;-)

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT

Mrfeb14th

First Name
Gerren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2021 Model Y
Got my truck back Friday the 3rd, so 10 days there. I guess not too bad to some others experience.

Nikhiluor

First Name
Nikhil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Anyone got their Rivian services at SFO service center and have positive experience? I am done with SJC service center, they are not able to fix door and rattling noise.

Rgrin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Yup, after 8 months - Pull over immediately, about to lose power. Motor warning, AWD warning. They haven't touched the car yet, so no diagnostics run. I'm guessing inverter or one of the four Bosch motors is on the verge of failing. We will see (eventually...)
L
I got a message on the app that the car is unlocked, and when I checked the location, sure enough they had finally moved it inside the service center. Not sure is they actually ran any diagnostics on it, but 11 days after arriving, at least something is happening. And apparently they do work on Saturdays.

R1Tkc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340, Tesla M3, Rivian R1T
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

Mine has been there for 17 days, sitting outside unlocked and with the app showing driver door open
 can’t get any updates either.

Sponsored

R1SKY

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S LE, 2010 GT3, 1966 GT 289
Clubs

I've had 2 SC appointments so far and I tried to get it with SSF both times.

The first time I couldn't get an appointment at SSF when I had a rodent eat my coolant line, ended up getting into SJ the next day since it was a critical issue and got the car back in a week and a half only because they had to wait for parts to finish the job. They started work on the car the day after I dropped it off and would called me at least every other day with updates on the car, overall I had a great experience with SJ SC.

The other time I had an appointment with SSF SC to get the auxiliary air compressor replaced because it seized up. Rivian called asking if I could switch to the mobile tech from SSF since they could get me in the same week (which was a month earlier than the SSF SC appointment). Although I remained skeptical they could fix my issue via mobile, the mobile tech guy showed up and replaced the pump, harness and display panel in 90 mins. Going forward anything that can be done mobile I'll opt for.

From all the stories I've heard it seems I've been pretty fortunate with my experience.

OP
OP
PowerBugs

PowerBugs

First Name
Dru
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Finally got my truck after 2 weeks and wasn’t able to get a conversation of what was done since when they called I was busy at work. Noticed that my the slack on my tailgate cable is still the same/uncharged so that wasn’t fixed. This is the second time I reported this and the first time it was missed. And for the whole time my truck was there, it never moved up until I was told it was done. Not that I checked every hour of the day but it’s just weird.

Rgrin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
So after 4 weeks and 4 days since they towed it away, and one brand new rear drive unit, I finally picked up at SSF this morning. Luckily I thought to look in frunk, and two large plastic panels were sitting there not re-installed, along with some tools. So back in the shop it went, and 20 minutes later I actually managed to drive away.

INSPECT THOROUGHLY when you pick up!

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Finally got my truck after 2 weeks and wasn’t able to get a conversation of what was done since when they called I was busy at work. Noticed that my the slack on my tailgate cable is still the same/uncharged so that wasn’t fixed. This is the second time I reported this and the first time it was missed. And for the whole time my truck was there, it never moved up until I was told it was done. Not that I checked every hour of the day but it’s just weird.
The slack on the tailgate cable isn’t necessarily a bug. All R1Ts seem to have the left side cable a bit loose versus the right. But the loose cable doesn’t diminish the functionality or strength of the tailgate

suprteck

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Mechanic
FWIW, I will always choose the San Jose Service Center location, even though it’s a bit further. I find their staff to be more helpful and my overall experience better.
I wonder how much it costs to Uber from SJ to SF lol
Sponsored