First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2002 Audi B5 S4 Wagon
Occupation
Director of Operations at Vermont Compost Company
They were willing to ship the vehicle to your local SC? When I reached out to a guide they said no shipping. If they will ship - was the cost included in the price?
Yes. They will be moving it from Chicago to Chelsea and I’m pretty sure my sales person said it was included in the price. There is an $1,800 “destination fee,” which I’m pretty sure I would pay even if I picked it up in Chicago anyways (my sales guy wasn’t clear on this, I’ll ask tomorrow). Then once it’s in Chelsea, I can either go pick it up or have it hauled to Vermont for $1,000.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Purkinje

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Got the generic email from my guide to schedule a meeting. Excited to start the process of getting a rivian. Looks like the demo cars are going pretty quick. Only 13 left last I checked

Olrac

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Hi onesoil,

congrats on your purchase! Hey, how are you getting the 7.5K tax credit? Could you please help me with that? I also own a business and would love to get 7.5K instead of 3.5K.

Thanks

Thanks OP! While I’ve really been looking for an R1S, I ended up pulling the trigger on this R1T because it was too good a deal to pass up and in almost my ideal spec (all but the reinforced underbody).

Forest Green/Forest Edge/Dark 20”/Powered Tonneau (had to confirm with my sales guy): https://demovehicles.rivian.com/pro...-9896-miles-66307?_pos=8&_fid=e6f4fd99f&_ss=c

I’ve been trying to find a lightly used R1S in this color combo (or Limestone/FE) for under $80k for a couple months to no avail, and while I wish I could wait for the upcoming refresh that’s likely right around the corner, the Ioniq 5 I’m currently driving is being bought back by Hyundai in a couple weeks, so the timing for this is spot on!

I have confirmed that we will be getting the $7500 tax credit since this is a business purchase (thus a fleet vehicle). It’s treated as a new vehicle as far as the IRS is concerned which is sweet.

My Rivian sales guy is motivated to make this happen before Q1 ends, and called me at 8 pm Thursday after I reserved this Wednesday night. Apparently I found one of the few with a powered Tonneau, which wasn’t clear to me when I clicked “buy” (for $0), but I figured I should lock it in and then find out with nothing to lose 🤷🏻‍♂️ And I lucked out! I expect it will be shipped to the Chelsea center for pickup (or delivery to me in VT) before the quarter ends which is sweet.

I suggest if you’re in the market and see one or more you think you may want, just reserve for $0 when you see it so you can get more details on the specific unit. You don’t really have anything to lose, since clicking “buy” on the Shopify isn’t a binding commitment of any kind.

One weird thing is that when I first looked Wednesday evening, there were 104 vehicles in the shop. All four R1S were “Sold Out” (unfortunately—those were a crazy deal for some lucky few!). Then when I was speaking with my sales guy Thursday morning, I asked if I could see some photos of the truck, since the listing for mine seemed to have been removed. At that point there were only 84 in the shop (most were marked as Sold Out). He didn’t know why it had been taken off the Shopify page, but the only way we could see the photos of the truck was for him to have it added back on the site by someone on the backend.

He said this demo page was very early days and a bit buggy, but I feel lucky to have an opportunity to get basically a new-ish old stock early VIN truck (with meridian and 12V plugs) for basically pre-march price with full Warranty and tax benefit.

onesoil

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2002 Audi B5 S4 Wagon
Occupation
Director of Operations at Vermont Compost Company
Hi onesoil,

congrats on your purchase! Hey, how are you getting the 7.5K tax credit? Could you please help me with that? I also own a business and would love to get 7.5K instead of 3.5K.

Thanks
Thanks! While I wish I had snagged one of the rew R1Ss on the demo page, I'm excited for this truck once I get through the purchase process. Hopefully, it will arrive just in time for our atrociously muddy springtime back roads here in VT to really let loose.

I wrote this a few posts back, which might help answer your question (the link goes to a fairly simple IRS guidance page regarding commercial EV fleet purchases): Unlike the very complex IRS rules around Clean Vehicle Credits for normal consumers, the Commercial Clean Vehicle Credits guidance is fairly straightforward, and any new Rivian qualifies for the $7500. Even though the R1T I reserved has almost 10k miles since it hasn't been titled, I guess it still qualifies as "new" (at least in the eyes of the IRS🤷🏻‍♂️): https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/commercial-clean-vehicle-credit

Though the word "fleet" might imply large volumes of vehicles, it is my understanding that any vehicle purchased by a business counts as a "commercial fleet vehicle."

The pre-march price hike R1T my father purchased as a business vehicle got the $7500 as well, but that was at the time that it didn't need to be a commercial fleet vehicle to get it. I seem to recall people needing to jump through hoops to get the $7500 for 2022 deliveries since I think that was the first year that the new, more complex rules went into place, but I'm not entirely sure how that worked for non-business customers. I would check with your accountant, but I believe it's as simple as them filling out a form when you file your taxes for the year you purchased the vehicle.

I hope that helps.

Last edited:

ericzlot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3
Has anyone taken delivery of a demo vehicle who also had a 2022 binding contract? Curious if the 7500 tax credit will still be applicable as Rivian has asked me to cancel my original deposit and place a new one rather than converting the old one to apply to the demo car.

Sponsored

SamS

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s, R2
Will the Demos qualify for $3750? But msrp for these is above $80K which is a requirement from IRS

thuel

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3, Nissan Leaf
Will the Demos qualify for $3750? But msrp for these is above $80K which is a requirement from IRS
Talking with the Rivian rep, he said the sale price will be the MSRP, so it should be good. Perhaps he's misinformed, but that's what they said.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
One thing they don't make mention of, since these are demo vehicles, are they being sold on MSOs? i.e. haven't been registered?

Honey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge 2013
Occupation
Firefighter
Very good deal tbh.

Sponsored

Apatel323

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

Anyone take delivery of a demo vehicle? Are you able to inspect the vehicle before purchasing? Any concerns with wear and damage discovered during delivery?

jambaman84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I just ordered one as well. Mine actually has a powered Tonneau cover! That's the main reason why I grabbed it. Has anyone confirmed about the tax credit/rebate? Since Jan 1, 2024.. it became a point of sale credit... so essentially, you should get $3750 off the purchase price. I am still waiting on Rivian to call me so I can confirm.. but has anyone else gotten an actual answer to this?

thanks

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Snagged an R1S! They released a bunch from Illinois.
cool. in the PNW it only lists 17 vehicles left as of today with no R1S. id imagine the pool of vehicles will be very slow to refill so get em while they last.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Is it just me or did they fire sale these? I feel they could have sold them for a lot more money.
Sponsored