Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Military
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Delivery Estimator Changing Yet Again? IMG_2733

I was an April-June estimated delivery with access to the R1S Shop for a few months until last week when I dropped access. Yesterday my estimator went from April-June to Processing Estimate again. I thought this might be the signs I was headed to 8 steps then saw this email today.

Any guesses as to how far things will slide at the end of April when this updates? Anyone else get this news today?
Sponsored

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
I think everyone got this today, I did. Rivian announced a while back that they plan is to adjust all delivery estimates every three months and this has occurred in October 2022 and January 2023 so no surprise. Last time, some stayed the same, some moved up and some were delayed.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Everyone gets that email before each update. Pretty much any change in between updates will give you the “processing estimate” until the next one. I don’t think it has much to do with how close your order might be. The fact that shop access was removed might actually mean yours is being built. At least I hope so for your sake!🤞🏼

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Nothing to worry about. Just the notice to lock everyone's config for the routine quarterly update.

Paradigm_Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Audi RS5, and a few more
Occupation
Architect
Clubs

I received this email today as well. It was as expected until I followed the provided link and read the last item on the list of "factors" that can affect your delivery schedule. This is what it says:

Shifts in customer preference
While reconfiguring your own order may change your window, shifts in the configurations of other customers can impact your delivery timing as well. When customers frequently reconfigure, we adjust our build plan in response. It’s important to remember that even if you change nothing in your own Account Page, your estimate may still change in response to updates to other customer orders.

It seems to me that adding this last factor effectively means that it probably makes no difference if you change your config since someone else changing theirs may alter your delivery timing anyway (even if you don't).

Sponsored

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
I don’t see why it would, that has no relation to what is being built in the factory.
That's what I figured, but I want to see if anyone here has done it without any subsequent impact.

GR

clcbjc123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tahoe and Z07
We plan to refresh your estimate every three months. Currently, those updates are planned for “end of month” January, April, July, and October of each calendar year. If at any time you reconfigure or change your delivery address, your delivery timing in your Account will update to “Processing estimate” pending our next scheduled refresh.
Sponsored