Delay your order (on purpose)?

Yoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Airline Pilot
I asked CS this very question about a week ago no tax purposes. He said no problem, When your guide contacts you just tell them what you want to do.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Gsxr150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F
If you are just trying to slow things down without asking Rivian to do it, change your configuration to max pack with a manual tonneau then change it back when you are ready :giggle:
Ha good point!

OP
OP

Gsxr150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F
I asked CS this very question about a week ago no tax purposes. He said no problem, When your guide contacts you just tell them what you want to do.
Oh cool!! Good to know.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

If you are just trying to slow things down without asking Rivian to do it, change your configuration to max pack with a manual tonneau then change it back when you are ready :giggle:
Genius

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
My concern with requesting a delay is you end up going to back of the line once your turn is skipped.

GR

Sponsored

staytuned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I hope I am delayed because I would prefer a 2023 at this point. We are so close to the end of the 2022 model year. My guess is they are going to shadow Tesla with anything produced through 12/31 of this year will be a 2022.

My current configuration, OC interior and 20ā€ black chrome wheels, might help ensure thatšŸ˜
If they shadow Tesla, this could be a risky play. 50/50 chance of being better, or having your vehicle de-contented in the name of cost savings.

I would have preferred a model year newer, but already decided Iā€™m happy with how they are being built right now.
If 800v and a heat pump make it for 2023s, Iā€™ll come back to this post with shame and remorse lol

BT6434

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I totally get the logic of delay. But being north of 10,000 and shy of 11,000ā€¦so far Iā€™ve been impressed with the build quality with about 1,000 miles. Sure there are a few minor things, but nothing I canā€™t find on our Honda Pilot (something that should be flawless). The good news is anything you find Rivian seems to be responsive on.

If you can/want to delay; prudent. But if youā€™re eager, I donā€™t regret my leap of faith. Itā€™s been fun and a treat to let friends/family get behind the wheel and watch their mind get blown! ;)

Khaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Clubs

If they shadow Tesla, this could be a risky play. 50/50 chance of being better, or having your vehicle de-contented in the name of cost savings.

I would have preferred a model year newer, but already decided Iā€™m happy with how they are being built right now.
If 800v and a heat pump make it for 2023s, Iā€™ll come back to this post with shame and remorse lol
As much as I'd like a heat pump in mine (and I'm getting mine in late 2023) I doubt it's coming that soon

R1TJ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 ID.4, 2023 R1S
Clubs

They are saying Nov Dec...just thinking I could wait till spring. We have tough winters here. Chances are I'll be too excited to wait, ha.
If your reasoning for the delay is tough winters, I would want it sooner rather than later. The weight distribution, torque vectoring, and adjustable ride height are all major benefits in snowy conditions.

milliemc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
retired
Clubs

They are saying Nov Dec...just thinking I could wait till spring. We have tough winters here. Chances are I'll be too excited to wait, ha.
I think might be a great truck for winter!

Sponsored

Stevenzoz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2
What if you HAVE to delay your order? Iā€™m currently leasing a Polestar which doesnā€™t allow 3rd party lease buyouts. I got the car around the same time I placed my rivian preorder and my lease is up in 2025.

would my best option just be to switch to max pack and back to the large when Iā€™m ready?

Polestar also is offering me a special edition model which I can use to get out of my lease and go into a finance, but with the way used car values are heading, Iā€™d be worried about carrying in negative equity.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
What if you HAVE to delay your order? Iā€™m currently leasing a Polestar which doesnā€™t allow 3rd party lease buyouts. I got the car around the same time I placed my rivian preorder and my lease is up in 2025.

would my best option just be to switch to max pack and back to the large when Iā€™m ready?

Polestar also is offering me a special edition model which I can use to get out of my lease and go into a finance, but with the way used car values are heading, Iā€™d be worried about carrying in negative equity.
The max packs are supposed to start delivering in 2023 so that may not buy you enough time depending on when you placed your Rivian order. Especially with the Rivian lottery works, they could be calling your number as soon as next year. Obviously there is also the risk that Rivian will raise their prices again, and even if you have pre 3/1 pricing they could eventually put a deadline on those deliveries. Itā€™s not like we have a written contract promising us that price wonā€™t change.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Guides are flexible with requests.

I was contacted by my Guide to ā€œconfirm your configurationā€œ and decided wait for a 2023 and add the new vegan dash option for the OC interior. When asked when the 2023 models start production she wasnā€™t sure. I am going to assume 1/1/23.

She reconfigured my options and said not a problem. I signed the Preliminary Buyer's Agreement today.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

You can buy the car out right yourself and then trade it in or resell it. Depending where you live you might pay a chunk of taxes but in most states youā€™ll get some of that back (not in Cali).

Stevenzoz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2
You can buy the car out right yourself and then trade it in or resell it. Depending where you live you might pay a chunk of taxes but in most states youā€™ll get some of that back (not in Cali).
Iā€™m in NJ where you do get tax savings but electric vehicles are tax exempt thankfully
Sponsored