Decent option for front windshield sun shade

therealhoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2015 Tacoma Sport, 2021 Explorer ST
Occupation
SW Engineer
Not much shade around my work parking lot and my R1T was getting like an oven during the day as the sun beat down. I decided to try a sun shade for the front windshield to see if that would help. The cluster that the rearview mirror comes out of is pretty chonky and I had a hard time finding one that would fit, cover the windshield nicely, and break down pretty small for storage. I finally arrived at this one on Amazon. It folds up like an umbrella and you can stuff it in the center compartment under the armrests if you lean it to one side. To keep in it place, you need to use the visors. Anyone else have any suggestions or shades that work well?

Rivian R1T R1S Decent option for front windshield sun shade shadeoutsid

Rivian R1T R1S Decent option for front windshield sun shade shadeinsid
Sponsored

Sponsored

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
Well, since you've found pictures, I'll hold off on posting...

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
Do you have a photo from the interior?

I'd prefer this type of sun shade over the roll up style shades from Heatshield.
Rivian R1T R1S Decent option for front windshield sun shade 1660851222086

Far from perfect. Tried a Range Rover (waaaaay too big) and a 4Runner (too small). I'm "borrowing" this audi allroad one from my wife's car until they decide to make one for the Rivian.

sorenson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
1660851222086.png

Far from perfect. Tried a Range Rover (waaaaay too big) and a 4Runner (too small). I'm "borrowing" this audi allroad one from my wife's car until they decide to make one for the Rivian.
Thanks for sharing! Hopefully it won't be too long until they come out with one for Rivian.

Sponsored

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
Just ordered the Heatshield Store windshield and top glass shade.

Couldn't find any pictures of the top glass in an actual truck, so ordered it on faith... Will post pictures when they arrive.

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Has anyone posted measurements for the windshield? That would be handy for talking to vendors such as Covercraft to find a close match until they offer a custom fit for Rivian.

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Just ordered the Heatshield Store windshield and top glass shade.

Couldn't find any pictures of the top glass in an actual truck, so ordered it on faith... Will post pictures when they arrive.

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
We've had our Heatshield front and top shields for maybe 10 or 11 days now.

The windshield cover is GREAT.
It so precisely fits the front glass, and with the way the interior trim is wrapped right up against the glass, the Heatshield just tucks right in and stays put; You don't even need to put the visors down.

The top glass cover also precisely fits the top glass.
But it is much more cumbersome both to install and remove, as it has ~10 or so suction cups that hold it into place.

It's not hard to install, but it's not something you want to do every time you get in and out of your truck, or even once a day.

The good news is you don't notice it when it's installed. It doesn't make the cabin feel claustrophobic or meaningfully reduce headroom. In fact you don't even really notice it, so driving around with it is NBD.

We leave it installed most the time for "parked", "commute", and "weekend work" driving.
We've taken it down once for "recreational weekend road trip" driving.
Sponsored