First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 CTD 2500, 00 Escalde, 2013 Yukon Denali
Occupation
General Manager
I am going to have the Windshield tinted with heat reflector and the side windows as well. I am going to test the temp difference when installed to see if it is worth it. Our 2013 Denali dash cracked after 6 years and my wife parked in a parking garage at work and in our garage at home. We used the shield everywhere else as I knew the GMs had this issue (happened with my Sierra) and we wanted to keep it from happening to her car.
Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
1660851222086.png

Far from perfect. Tried a Range Rover (waaaaay too big) and a 4Runner (too small). I'm "borrowing" this audi allroad one from my wife's car until they decide to make one for the Rivian.
Covercraft is now listing a Rivian specific version of their UVS100 on their site.

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Last edited:

JMAG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Quad Limestone/OC; R1S LE/Launch Green/OC
Occupation
Executive
Clubs

Just ordered the Heatshield Store windshield and top glass shade.

Couldn't find any pictures of the top glass in an actual truck, so ordered it on faith... Will post pictures when they arrive.
Check out EVLander on youtube, he has a video on his favorite accessories and one is the pano roof shade, see link below. He also built a sweeeeet gear tunnel slide, check it out.

Sponsored

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
Just came across this one, this is for model 3/Y. Hopefully they can do something for R1T/S..

https://otrifowd.com/

Riv I Am

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Awaiting R1T - GW/OC VIN 171xx
Occupation
Health care
Thank you John! I ordered the CoverCraft cover in white for the R1S. Let's see how it fits.
Very interested in this windshield sunscreen you got. You said you got it in white? Any way you can post interior and exterior shots of what it looks like? How good is the fit?

Sponsored

sprivian

First Name
Sprinter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Very interested in this windshield sunscreen you got. You said you got it in white? Any way you can post interior and exterior shots of what it looks like? How good is the fit?
The Covercraft cover -- sold for the R1T -- fits pretty well on the R1S and is solid. It looks pretty nice from the outside and the inside, and definitely reduces the temperature inside the cabin. However, there is some space that is not covered at the top and on the edges. I have ordered the Heatshield sun shades for the driver and passenger windows to block the sun from the sides.

Rivian R1T R1S Decent option for front windshield sun shade 95a06f08-5244-4ecc-9454-1b2bdaf121c9

Rivian R1T R1S Decent option for front windshield sun shade a8ff347b-dbb7-4954-aec8-61b4bab0c8be

Reactions: pdq

R1T Preds Fan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Warehouse Management
Looks like I found the one we will be going with here…

AutoMate Pro Custom Fit Windshield Foldable Sunshade for 2022 2023 Rivian R1T Truck, Compact Sun Shade Block UV Rays Visor Protector Folding Dual-Purpose (Made in USA) https://a.co/d/7DMR21v

Rivianation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Manager
The wrinkly rolling kind look like crap and out of place on a $80K vehicle. The folding ones are over-priced and heavy. Take it from a Florida guy, the best shades are the super light twisty ones. Don't even fold them when not in use, just toss in the back seat and develop a habit to use it without thinking in about a day. They also include pouch to twist them into a small size. You want the one with the rear view cut out and Velcro tie.

Amazon.com: SXCY 2022 R ivian R1T R1S Windshield Sunshade 2022 R ivian R1T Sunshade Windshield Fit for 2022 R ivian R1T Pickup Truck Foldable Sun Shield Block UV Rays Sunshade for Window Front Windows (Silver) : Automotive

Last edited:

Riv I Am

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Awaiting R1T - GW/OC VIN 171xx
Occupation
Health care
The Covercraft cover -- sold for the R1T -- fits pretty well on the R1S and is solid. It looks pretty nice from the outside and the inside, and definitely reduces the temperature inside the cabin. However, there is some space that is not covered at the top and on the edges. I have ordered the Heatshield sun shades for the driver and passenger windows to block the sun from the sides.

95a06f08-5244-4ecc-9454-1b2bdaf121c9.jpg

a8ff347b-dbb7-4954-aec8-61b4bab0c8be.jpg
Thank you so much for posting this! This is exactly what I’m looking for. Looks premium from the outside and very fitting for this quality of truck. I have a similar one for my model 3 and love it and am okay with the gap by the rear view mirror. Ordering now.

riviantogo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Lexus Rx350
The wrinkly rolling kind look like crap and out of place on a $80K vehicle. The folding ones are over-priced and heavy. Take it from a Florida guy, the best shades are the super light twisty ones. Don't even fold them when not in use, just toss in the back seat and develop a habit to use it without thinking in about a day. They also include pouch to twist them into a small size. You want the one with the rear view cut out and Velcro tie.

Amazon.com: SXCY 2022 R ivian R1T R1S Windshield Sunshade 2022 R ivian R1T Sunshade Windshield Fit for 2022 R ivian R1T Pickup Truck Foldable Sun Shield Block UV Rays Sunshade for Window Front Windows (Silver) : Automotive
I'm from Florida as well. This Rivian R1S is a superior vehicle but the cabin temp management is not in keeping with something at this price. I got my windows tinted but that's not enough so I'm ordering this shade.

Any suggestions about a shade for the roof, aka the microwave?
Thanks.
Sponsored