DC Fast Charging Disabled until Serviced

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
The car is still at service but they said it was due to a faulty CGM (central gateway module) and instrument panel harness. They are replacing those so hopefully that fixes the issue.
Yeah... replaced mine at the sc last week. I certainly hoped it would be fixed. Picked it up, drove home yesterday. Still got the error messages several times. Getting these just kills my confidence that I can take a long trip and not have fast charging problems at some point.

At least the one fast charge I tried yesterday worked. I had gotten to the point where fast charges never worked even after resets.
Sponsored

kapaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang
Yeah... replaced mine at the sc last week. I certainly hoped it would be fixed. Picked it up, drove home yesterday. Still got the error messages several times. Getting these just kills my confidence that I can take a long trip and not have fast charging problems at some point.

At least the one fast charge I tried yesterday worked. I had gotten to the point where fast charges never worked even after resets.
Yikes that's really discouraging. Hope it gets sorted out. Will see what happens with mine. It sucks to not be able to trust your EV to charge when needed.

garrison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S, 86' LandCruiser, '23 Bronco
Occupation
Builder
Since the latest update (2023.30.00), this error message has now been appearing as "DC Fast charging unavailable. Wait until plug cools down". It still comes up intermittently. I've yet to have any issues with DC fast charging, but have only done so a handful of times. I'm scheduled for a service center visit at the end of September to hopefully address this.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
I've had this issue for the last month or so - alternating between "fast charging performance limited" and "fast charging disabled" (or both/neither). Lately it's mostly been "disabled" and appears nearly 100% of the time.

So far I have about an 80% success rate actually charging at RANs in spite of the message, but it has failed several times and limited me to 35-60kW other times. As other have noted, the lack of confidence is the problem. It's hard to sign up for road trips, especially time sensitive ones, if I might get stuck spending the night at an L2 charger somewhere.

I have a service appointment on Thursday in Bellevue and this is top of my list, so hopefully I'll have an update to share next week.

(Fortunately, so far I've gotten away with hypermiling - pulled off 331 non-stop miles on my 20" ATs with a roof top tent last week!)

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
Had the "DC fast charging performance reduced" message several times over the last 6 months, always seemed to clear with resets, and never actually noticed a DCFC performance reduction. But now, after the latest software update, getting "Warm plug detected, charging slower", and fastest speed was 64 kW on RAN fast charger capable of 212 kW. Service Center appointment not until October 12th! Hoping to be contacted sooner with a mobile appointment as SC is 100 miles away.

garrison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S, 86' LandCruiser, '23 Bronco
Occupation
Builder
Update: I have not seen this error in several months. I attributed it to the cooler weather, but note that even when the car was sitting in the sun and got up to 100+ in the cabin, I still did not see this error come up. I had a service appointment scheduled for today (for this issue, as well as some panel gap issues) and the technician today told me that this issue was resolved in one of the last few software updates.
Sponsored