First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
I’ve been getting the warning for over a month, including time at the service center where they said it was not actually affecting dc fast charging. I’m skeptical as I’ve had some issues at EV America stations AND now at my home Rivian charger! Maybe some help in the soon to appear 2022.23.xx?
Interesting...I dont have a trip until August so I shouldn't need any DC fast charging so I have time to catch the OTA by then.

Curious if it relates to water somehow...the OP I believe stated it was raining when his wife got the notification. I was rinsing off the truck (park outside under trees) prior to getting the warning.

Update: Couple of hours of presumably truck sleep and it did not clear.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
I get it often in clear weather. :-(

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
I just got the warning after I unplugged from my Rivian wall charger. Will wait and see what service advises.

I just parked the truck, will check it in an hour as well after it has had a nap to see if it had cleared.
Interesting...I dont have a trip until August so I shouldn't need any DC fast charging so I have time to catch the OTA by then.

Curious if it relates to water somehow...the OP I believe stated it was raining when his wife got the notification. I was rinsing off the truck (park outside under trees) prior to getting the warning.

Update: Couple of hours of presumably truck sleep and it did not clear.
At the end of the day, after a morning sleep and an afternoon sleep, we got in the truck this evening and the notification had cleared. Seems it was possibly related to moisture from a quick morning rinse. I will wait to see what Service has to say about it when they finally followup with the call I opened via the app.

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
This has been a known issue for over a month. I don’t understand why we don’t get some feedback from Rivian about what’s going on.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
This has been a known issue for over a month. I don’t understand why we don’t get some feedback from Rivian about what’s going on.
As was the feedback for my hotspot most of the time not working until I do an outside button reset, "they are aware of the issue and it will be addressed in a future OTA."

Sponsored

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Once again, Rivian's limited information is a problem. What is the actual symptom it's detecting?
Exactly. The software engineers can tell you what’s causing the alert very quickly.

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Has anyone had a resolution or gotten more information about this? I’ve requested an update, but haven’t received a call back.

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

This scared me when it popped up on my trip this weekend. I got this warning every time it wanted to precondition. It had no affect on my ability to DC fast charge. I put in a ticket to see if there is something wrong. After a day of rest for the truck I told the navigation to route to a fast charger. It happily said it was preconditioning and didn't give me this error. Maybe it's intermittent. Hopefully it continues to not affect my ability to fast charge. Either way, I'm in the waiting for answers camp.

Rivian R1T R1S DC Fast Charging Disabled until Serviced PXL_20220717_165623690

2Labs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S 85D
Has anyone ever gotten any resolution or updates on this? I've now had this error twice over the past couple of weeks.

Sponsored

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

After my last post, it never happened to me again. Not sure if it was the next OTA or what that "fixed" it. Have you submitted a service ticket for it?

garrison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S, 86' LandCruiser, '23 Bronco
Occupation
Builder
Having the same issue here. Brand new R1S with 100 miles on it. 109xx vin. Have only charged with level 1 120v trickle charger since I took delivery. Kind of disappointed to have an issue so soon but hopefully it can self resolve without me needing to drive it 2 hours to Brooklyn to get it fixed (plus whatever amount of time I’ll be without it).

kapaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang
Having the same issue here. Brand new R1S with 100 miles on it. 109xx vin. Have only charged with level 1 120v trickle charger since I took delivery. Kind of disappointed to have an issue so soon but hopefully it can self resolve without me needing to drive it 2 hours to Brooklyn to get it fixed (plus whatever amount of time I’ll be without it).
I was also having this issue on my new R1S 7XXX vin. The warning appears intermittently and I was able to fast charge two times when it wasn't there. Dropped off at service 2 weeks ago to address this and a couple other issues, zero updates so far. Frustrating to not be able use an 80k new car...

garrison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S, 86' LandCruiser, '23 Bronco
Occupation
Builder
I was also having this issue on my new R1S 7XXX vin. The warning appears intermittently and I was able to fast charge two times when it wasn't there. Dropped off at service 2 weeks ago to address this and a couple other issues, zero updates so far. Frustrating to not be able use an 80k new car...
Have they been able to resolve your issues yet? I spoke to an SC and they suggested resetting the vehicle, which I did but the warning continues to appear. I was able to charge at a 150kw fast DC charger without any problems though.

kapaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang
Have they been able to resolve your issues yet? I spoke to an SC and they suggested resetting the vehicle, which I did but the warning continues to appear. I was able to charge at a 150kw fast DC charger without any problems though.
The car is still at service but they said it was due to a faulty CGM (central gateway module) and instrument panel harness. They are replacing those so hopefully that fixes the issue.
Sponsored