DC Fast Charging Disabled until Serviced

SuperFan86

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Rainy day. My wife unplugged the truck and called me with the error after she put it in drive.

Called service and they didn't see any issues.

We put the truck in "sleep" by locking and walking away with charger unplugged for 30 min.

Issue resolved.

Service said this process has been 90% effective at clearing these randomly occuring errors.

Rivian R1T R1S DC Fast Charging Disabled until Serviced PXL_20220406_213426481
Sponsored

DannyC

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 RAM 1500, 2022 R1T (soon)
Occupation
Computer Consultant
After a real bad day on Tuesday where this royally screwed my day up (had to slow charge on a long business trip). I tried the sleep reset and a full reset with the left button on the steering wheel and the hazard button. This did a full reboot of the truck and unfortunately still get the error.

I have a service appointment with Rivian on Tuesday. I may try the reset again but not hopeful.

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I have Vehicles
Being an early adopter definitely has drawbacks. I ran into similar problem but a hard reset fixed it for me. My experience with Rivian service was positive. My truck was having issues with the handshake with ZEF chargers local to me, and the only 50kw DCFC’s close enough. Good luck to you, let us know how it turns out

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Do you know if she stopped the charge from DC fast charger screen first? I haven't DC fast charged yet (only Tesla Super Charged) but from what I've read, you are instructed to stop the charge at the charger first ... J1772 can be simply unplugged ... just speculating here. 🤨

Sponsored

DannyC

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer Consultant
You can stop from the screen, the charger itself or just click the plug unlock and it stops right away. I don't know if that causes an issue but for the fast chargers I stop it from the truck or charge station screen just to be safe. For level 1 and 2 just unplug it.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
You can stop from the screen, the charger itself or just click the plug unlock and it stops right away. I don't know if that causes an issue but for the fast chargers I stop it from the truck or charge station screen just to be safe. For level 1 and 2 just unplug it.
If you click the button on the plug will the light turn white?

That is what I do with the Tesla, hold the button down, wait for the light to turn white and pull it out. I hope Rivian works the same.

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
I’ve had this issue intermittently for the past 10 days. Mine was not occurring during or related to DC charging. My truck is currently at the Brooklyn service center.

Rivian R1T R1S DC Fast Charging Disabled until Serviced 9FF07FB4-140F-42D6-8616-92DF4F65C93C

Yeti370

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software Engineer
Any resolution to this issue? I saw this briefly, and I’m on a road trip with 700 miles left. Stopped to charge and it’s only pulling 45kw

DannyC

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer Consultant
So this happened to me. Was the magnetic lock on the plug that holds it in when DC fast charging. That failed or at least the sensors think it failed. Took 2 weeks to get the part...

Sponsored

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
Any resolution to this issue? I saw this briefly, and I’m on a road trip with 700 miles left. Stopped to charge and it’s only pulling 45kw
It just happened again to me as well. I put in another service ticket. I’m waiting to hear from Rivian.

Yeti370

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software Engineer
Rivian advised me to do a hard reset and I was able to get a charge again. Still very nervous about the return home.

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I was able to do a few laps around the parking lot after my charge errored-out at 57%, but it would only pull about 45 amps.

Attachments

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
I just got the warning after I unplugged from my Rivian wall charger. Will wait and see what service advises.

I just parked the truck, will check it in an hour as well after it has had a nap to see if it had cleared.

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’ve been getting the warning for over a month, including time at the service center where they said it was not actually affecting dc fast charging. I’m skeptical as I’ve had some issues at EV America stations AND now at my home Rivian charger! Maybe some help in the soon to appear 2022.23.xx?
Sponsored