Error Message: Charging Unavailable until Serviced

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
Has anyone else received this message? I've gotten it a couple of times this week upon attempt to start the vehicle. It flashes the message and refuses to shift out of park. Has always reset itself upon a soft reboot or exiting the vehicle and re-awakening/opening it back up. Have a service call into the system, but curious if anyone else has dealt with this?
Sponsored

Phateyu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru OB
I had seen it twice since yesterday (have not charged since then), every time it just flashed the message and cleared itself, and the car drives fine.

OP
OP
EVTrukHog

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had seen it twice since yesterday (have not charged since then), every time it just flashed the message and cleared itself, and the car drives fine.
There is another thread that left someone stranded at a charging station with this same error message. Mine continues to appear somewhat randomly and takes either series of resets or putting the truck back to sleep and waking it up to clear. I've got service making a house call as the truck is currently not shifting out of Park and is not able to be driven. Still not sure if this is a software bug or physical problem with charging port/system.

My error message started on a seldom basis and became more frequent so I suggest you report it and continue to monitor.

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
I'm the person that was stranded... they had to change out my charging port. Said that the harness had the cable pushed out of it, possibly from the DCFC or something else. Not a good sign if it's more widespread.

Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I'm the person that was stranded... they had to change out my charging port. Said that the harness had the cable pushed out of it, possibly from the DCFC or something else. Not a good sign if it's more widespread.
You didn't happen to take any pictures of the charge port did you? It would take a good deal of force to have the DC pins back out. I would think you would be able to feel an issue when inserting the DCFC connector.

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
You didn't happen to take any pictures of the charge port did you? It would take a good deal of force to have the DC pins back out. I would think you would be able to feel an issue when inserting the DCFC connector.
No I unfortunately didn't... I had the wife and kids with me so getting them home was priority over everything else that was going on. I did look at the pins on both the charger and truck and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

Also had no problem actually plugging in the charger.

OP
OP
EVTrukHog

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No I unfortunately didn't... I had the wife and kids with me so getting them home was priority over everything else that was going on. I did look at the pins on both the charger and truck and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

Also had no problem actually plugging in the charger.
Was your vehicle still able to receive a charge when you got this error?

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Was your vehicle still able to receive a charge when you got this error?
From a DC charger, no. When they towed the truck to the Service center i did notice them charging it over AC and from what i heard from them the truck still didn't go into gear. So it could AC charge, not DC Charge, and couldn't be put into gear.

OP
OP
EVTrukHog

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
From a DC charger, no. When they towed the truck to the Service center i did notice them charging it over AC and from what i heard from them the truck still didn't go into gear. So it could AC charge, not DC Charge, and couldn't be put into gear.
This sounds very similar to my situation. It will take a L2 charge without problem - haven't tried L3 charger. I'm about 225 miles from service center, so they're going to attempt a house call repair. Hopefullly, they don't have to haul it back to the SC. I may share with them your situation to shorten their learning curve.

Sponsored

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
This sounds very similar to my situation. It will take a L2 charge without problem - haven't tried L3 charger. I'm about 225 miles from service center, so they're going to attempt a house call repair. Hopefullly, they don't have to haul it back to the SC. I may share with them your situation to shorten their learning curve.
Honestly, I wouldn't recommend trying a DC charger as it might leave you stranded.

OP
OP
EVTrukHog

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Update: just got a call and they will be hauling it back to Dallas service center on Monday. Hope it's an easy (fast) fix.

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Update: just got a call and they will be hauling it back to Dallas service center on Monday. Hope it's an easy (fast) fix.
Make sure you tell them over and over again to check the charging port and harness first. I'm guess my truck was in the shop 4 days longer then it should have been since they didn' t check that first.

OP
OP
EVTrukHog

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Make sure you tell them over and over again to check the charging port and harness first. I'm guess my truck was in the shop 4 days longer then it should have been since they didn' t check that first.
Roger that. Do you mind telling me which Service Center fixed your vehicle? The Service Rep asked that question and I think they'll call them to shorten the learning curve. Your posts are helping me - much appreciated!

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Roger that. Do you mind telling me which Service Center fixed your vehicle? The Service Rep asked that question and I think they'll call them to shorten the learning curve. Your posts are helping me - much appreciated!
El Segundo
Sponsored