Sponsored

Colorado R1S Pre-Orders --> entering first Aug/Sept Delivery Window.....

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Well maybe I misunderstood her comment then. She said she had actually worked at Venice before moving to CO so she would have known that. Maybe she just meant that after the R1S was being shown at Venice then CO couldn’t be far behind.
I was at Venice hub yesterday...no R1S deliveries yet...or drives....
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ccomtois

Ccomtois

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150
Occupation
Patient Rivian Pre-Order Holder
I'm saying 8 weeks because if Rivian drops the ball and moves my window _again_ (Aug/Sep 2022 is already my 5th), I'll probably buy something else. I've been here a long time but I can't abide Rivian jerking people around.
You know darn well you ain't going nowheres....;-). It's been this long, it has to happen soon...and it will be worth it. I mean, I know the trucks exist in real life - so they gotta delivery 'em at some point.

OP
OP
Ccomtois

Ccomtois

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150
Occupation

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I was at Venice hub yesterday...no R1S deliveries yet...or drives....
I believe you. I’m just reporting what she told me when I asked if they had seen any R1Ss come through Denver. Since my reservation is for a truck I admit I’m not following the timeline of the R1S as closely as many of you are or I would have asked more questions. I’m aware of the anticipation, which is why I asked the question I did.

Maybe she was referring to the R1S event that I read about here a few weeks ago?
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/video-met-the-rivian-r1s-at-venice-hub-event.6751/

Sponsored

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
You know darn well you ain't going nowheres....;-). It's been this long, it has to happen soon...and it will be worth it. I mean, I know the trucks exist in real life - so they gotta delivery 'em at some point.
Nope, that's the thing. I've been here long enough to get jerked around by Rivian and if they do it again, I'll keep the reservation but it'll be so I can flip it. I've already been talking to an Audi dealer here in Denver about the e-Tron crossover.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

"Can you believe it's August 1st already?"

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
7 days into august...I NEED to see an R1S delivery

OP
OP
Ccomtois

Ccomtois

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150
Occupation

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
7 days into august...I NEED to see an R1S delivery
Or what? Why be so dramatic about this?

Given prior history, I don't expect to see a trickle of movement for at least another 6-8 weeks. And that's assuming they don't announce any further delays.

Sponsored

ChampagneUnicorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (preorder), XC90 Recharge, 65 Riviera GS
Occupation
Gnome Figurine Day Trader
Clubs

I'm saying 8 weeks because if Rivian drops the ball and moves my window _again_ (Aug/Sep 2022 is already my 5th), I'll probably buy something else. I've been here a long time but I can't abide Rivian jerking people around.
I’ll be stalking you sir, please keep us updated! Hopefully it finally comes through, I’m already trying to sweet talk @Ccomtois into letting me voyeur into his delivery slated way before mine. I will gladly pay my debt to you in whatever currency you see fit. Rupees, glass beads, tacos, 15 year whiskey… you call it! It’s the neighborly thing to do 😉.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Or what? Why be so dramatic about this?

Given prior history, I don't expect to see a trickle of movement for at least another 6-8 weeks. And that's assuming they don't announce any further delays.
If it's 6-8 weeks then they totally blew through my FIFTH revised delivery window and I will be going down to the Audi dealer for an e-Tron (I'm an AUG-SEP delivery window). Rivian's tripping over their own shoelaces gives me a LOT of pause about how they will (or won't) provide post-sale service and support.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’ll be stalking you sir, please keep us updated! Hopefully it finally comes through, I’m already trying to sweet talk @Ccomtois into letting me voyeur into his delivery slated way before mine. I will gladly pay my debt to you in whatever currency you see fit. Rupees, glass beads, tacos, 15 year whiskey… you call it! It’s the neighborly thing to do 😉.
If I manage to get it, I'd be more than happy to drive it around and let people play with it. I saw one in person a couple of weeks ago at the Hub in Venice since I spend a lot of time in LA anyway. Seeing it in person solidified that I'll accept it if Rivian actually manages to get it to me in my window.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
If it's 6-8 weeks then they totally blew through my FIFTH revised delivery window and I will be going down to the Audi dealer for an e-Tron (I'm an AUG-SEP delivery window). Rivian's tripping over their own shoelaces gives me a LOT of pause about how they will (or won't) provide post-sale service and support.
Hope your Rivian delivery actually happens within their latest estimated delivery window, otherwise, enjoy your Audi. Rivian is quite aware of all the various factors that will lead to order abandonment so customer statements like this aren't really a threat to them. If you move on from Rivian, they will simply sell "your" R1S to someone else at a much higher price.

JKDU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Professor
If I manage to get it, I'd be more than happy to drive it around and let people play with it. I saw one in person a couple of weeks ago at the Hub in Venice since I spend a lot of time in LA anyway. Seeing it in person solidified that I'll accept it if Rivian actually manages to get it to me in my window.
I'm visiting my parents in Orange County (grew up here) and planning on going to the Venice Showroom later today to see the R1S in person. Really looking forward to finally seeing it in person but sadly my timeline pushed from Oct-Dec delivery to 1st half of 2023. This will have to tide me over until the new year.
Sponsored