Sponsored

Colorado R1S Pre-Orders --> entering first Aug/Sept Delivery Window.....

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Boooo changing from S to T ;-). I get it. But I also hope you are very wrong on deliveries.
We already have a great SUV that we love and while I love the S, the T makes more sense for our family right now as we already have a Tesla M3. I'd like to replace that and right now not confident in having 2 EVs.

Curney1

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram truck
Occupation
Self
Im aug/sept too. I guide told me things were on track. they told me that in april when I signed my PBA too. Im not holding my breath but I think with the signed agreement Im locked into the existing EV credit which is for sure a plus!

OP
OP
Ccomtois

Ccomtois

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150
Occupation
Patient Rivian Pre-Order Holder
Im aug/sept too. I guide told me things were on track. they told me that in april when I signed my PBA too. Im not holding my breath but I think with the signed agreement Im locked into the existing EV credit which is for sure a plus!
How far away are you from the Service Center? I'm about 30 mins - will definitely do a drive by in the next couple of weeks to see if there are any R1Ss out there...and you never know - one of those may even have ur name on it.

Although I would assume that this forum would light up if R1Ss were showing up in Denver!

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Glad you have a guide. I don't even have that yet, even though I got the AUG-SEP window email _and_ had customer service at the Venice Hub double-down on my AUG-SEP window based on their internal database. I _have_ gotten a First Mile drive at my house in Broomfield, though. They brought an R1T configured like my R1S reservation.

Sponsored

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mercedes EQS SUV
I’ll be taking delivery of my R1T in the next couple of weeks. I’ll ask the Denver service center if they had any R1S deliveries or know when to expect.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

at this point, its pretty low chance we'll see customer deliveries in Aug. they may hit Sep but id guess it'll be very few. kinda like they did for the R1T at the end of 2021. mainly for investors, so Rivian can say they delivered in Q3 2022.

anyone know what happened to that drone guy who did a flyby way back in March? would be nice to see if there are any R1Ss on the factory lot.

0=====0

First Name
Rajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
O|||||||O and R1S LE 0====0
Occupation
Engineering
at this point, its pretty low chance we'll see customer deliveries in Aug. they may hit Sep but id guess it'll be very few. kinda like they did for the R1T at the end of 2021. mainly for investors, so Rivian can say they delivered in Q3 2022.

anyone know what happened to that drone guy who did a flyby way back in March? would be nice to see if there are any R1Ss on the factory lot.
Ya, compared to R1T, the R1S has been so quite! no drone footage, no in transit transport pics, no R1S test drives, not even employees posting on social media! Just the one or two token pics for the entire period of June/July/Aug so far!

Seems that ramp is not going so good!

FWIW, I drove by the San Diego service center today and saw two Amazon Delivery vans there!
Didn't think I would see those at the service center before I saw the R1S.

I hope I am wrong!

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
It would be really helpful (maybe??) to see a recent drone video of the factory lot. I'm hoping they're building R1S inventory now in anticipation of September and beyond deliveries. That would give me a lot more confidence of my Aug/Sept window,

Any drone pilots out there close to Normal? Just saying...

Curney1

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram truck
Occupation
Self
How far away are you from the Service Center? I'm about 30 mins - will definitely do a drive by in the next couple of weeks to see if there are any R1Ss out there...and you never know - one of those may even have ur name on it.

Although I would assume that this forum would light up if R1Ss were showing up in Denver!
Im 10 minutes away. its pretty wild. I drive by once a week or so and have not seen a R1S yet

Reactions: Rad

Sponsored

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

FWIW I just talked to CS asking about changing to an R1T and what that would do to my delivery window and they brought up R1S deliveries
Me: "I have 2 R1S vehicles on order. I'm wondering if I change my earlier reservation to an R1T if it is possible to see how soon I may be able to take delivery. I know you have the shop with different vehicles that will be available in 6-8 weeks, but I don't think I can view that."
CS: "Great question! While any configuration change might impact your window, I don't have insight into if this change would result in a quicker delivery, longer wait, or have no impact since both models are in production and out for delivery. I encourage you to go with the option that best suits you! Yes, the R1 Shop invitations are starting with our 2018 preorder holders and being sent out on a rolling basis to other members of the community in the future"
So I wanted clarification on what I bolded
Me: I still have not seen any R1S deliveries being reported outside of a few employees.
Are you saying customer deliveries are happening to people not associated with Rivian?
CS: Yes, R1S and R1T vehicles are being sent out and delivered to employees and customers alike
Take it with a truckload of salt.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

FWIW I just talked to CS asking about changing to an R1T and what that would do to my delivery window and they brought up R1S deliveries

more like trainload of salt

0=====0

First Name
Rajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
O|||||||O and R1S LE 0====0
Occupation
Engineering
Sounds more like the one employee that took the delivery got laid off recently!
Hence the venn diagram of employees and customers "alike"

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
Pic from Reddit shows a private owned S in LG charging next to a T. Hhhmm employee or 1st delivery?

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado R1S Pre-Orders --> entering first Aug/Sept Delivery Window..... hvxzuptblnf91

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Where is that picture taken for the side-by-side of the R1T and R1S?
Sponsored