Sponsored

Colorado R1S Pre-Orders --> entering first Aug/Sept Delivery Window.....

OP
OP
Ccomtois

Ccomtois

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150
Occupation
Patient Rivian Pre-Order Holder
If it's 6-8 weeks then they totally blew through my FIFTH revised delivery window and I will be going down to the Audi dealer for an e-Tron (I'm an AUG-SEP delivery window). Rivian's tripping over their own shoelaces gives me a LOT of pause about how they will (or won't) provide post-sale service and support.
Just gotta wait it out just a little bit longer. It’s all going to be worth it. (I keep telling myself).
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ccomtois

Ccomtois

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150
Occupation
I’ll be stalking you sir, please keep us updated! Hopefully it finally comes through, I’m already trying to sweet talk @Ccomtois into letting me voyeur into his delivery slated way before mine. I will gladly pay my debt to you in whatever currency you see fit. Rupees, glass beads, tacos, 15 year whiskey… you call it! It’s the neighborly thing to do 😉.
15 year whiskey…..you can take it for a joy ride! I plan on doing the neighborly thing and share.

CYoung

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
You and me both. It will happen, it has to for Rivian's sake.
My Guide is pretty corporate never moving off the corporate line despite pushing her pretty hard with questions. I’ve asked numerous times if I should anticipate delays beyond my August-September delivery. She has been pretty adamant they won’t miss this delivery window. I hope she is right.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Hope your Rivian delivery actually happens within their latest estimated delivery window, otherwise, enjoy your Audi. Rivian is quite aware of all the various factors that will lead to order abandonment so customer statements like this aren't really a threat to them. If you move on from Rivian, they will simply sell "your" R1S to someone else at a much higher price.
As I fully expect they would. It's not "mine" until it's in my driveway and paid for.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Hope your Rivian delivery actually happens within their latest estimated delivery window, otherwise, enjoy your Audi. Rivian is quite aware of all the various factors that will lead to order abandonment so customer statements like this aren't really a threat to them. If you move on from Rivian, they will simply sell "your" R1S to someone else at a much higher price.
Maybe that's their hope

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I'm visiting my parents in Orange County (grew up here) and planning on going to the Venice Showroom later today to see the R1S in person. Really looking forward to finally seeing it in person but sadly my timeline pushed from Oct-Dec delivery to 1st half of 2023. This will have to tide me over until the new year.
Well worth it

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators
Nope, that's the thing. I've been here long enough to get jerked around by Rivian and if they do it again, I'll keep the reservation but it'll be so I can flip it. I've already been talking to an Audi dealer here in Denver about the e-Tron crossover.
I think you’re going to be really disappointed. Only speaking as someone who had it for less than a week though.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Maybe that's their hope
Entirely possible. They still have more demand than supply so that works in their favor. But they still have to balance such shenanigans against meeting their stated production/delivery goals to maintain investor confidence.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Entirely possible. They still have more demand than supply so that works in their favor. But they still have to balance such shenanigans against meeting their stated production/delivery goals to maintain investor confidence.
And if the Tax credit goes away...the *flip value* decreases as well

ChampagneUnicorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (preorder), XC90 Recharge, 65 Riviera GS
Occupation
Gnome Figurine Day Trader
Clubs

15 year whiskey…..you can take it for a joy ride! I plan on doing the neighborly thing and share.
Ccomtois First Mile Drive Service??? Shiiiit pal, I was just hoping you’d let me look at it and sit in the tiny 3rd row maybe. Joyrides?!??? Welcome to my parlor fine sir! A nip of Pappy 12 or 15 for you my comrade?

Sponsored

Tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Tahoe -> Audi e-tron
Occupation
Counselor
I think you’re going to be really disappointed. Only speaking as someone who had it for less than a week though.
Love my e-tron. But I've only had it 2 weeks.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I'm in Colorado and changed my original R1S preorder to an R1T as I don't think we are anywhere near seeing deliveries of the R1S at this stage...

OP
OP
Ccomtois

Ccomtois

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150
Occupation
I'm in Colorado and changed my original R1S preorder to an R1T as I don't think we are anywhere near seeing deliveries of the R1S at this stage...
Boooo changing from S to T ;-). I get it. But I also hope you are very wrong on deliveries.

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
I'm visiting my parents in Orange County (grew up here) and planning on going to the Venice Showroom later today to see the R1S in person. Really looking forward to finally seeing it in person but sadly my timeline pushed from Oct-Dec delivery to 1st half of 2023. This will have to tide me over until the new year.
We are taking a road-trip down to Disneyland at the end of August. The plan is to stop by the Venice hub on the way back. We've never seen an R1T or R1S up close (2018 pre-order). We saw an R1T drive by when on vacation in Las Vegas. And I saw an R1T drive by when in SF for work. Really looking forward to seeing them up close. It will have to do until 1H 2023.

JKDU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Professor
We are taking a road-trip down to Disneyland at the end of August. The plan is to stop by the Venice hub on the way back. We've never seen an R1T or R1S up close (2018 pre-order). We saw an R1T drive by when on vacation in Las Vegas. And I saw an R1T drive by when in SF for work. Really looking forward to seeing them up close. It will have to do until 1H 2023.
We did get a chance to make it to the Rivian Hub and it was great to see them in person and actually get to sit in them and test out the various features. I forgot to do this but you can make an appointment if you know what date and time you plan to go. We were able to walk in without an appointment but something to consider. No test drives but was still worth it. Just be aware that traffic can be bad...I intentionally went on a Sunday and had us leave by 11am (earliest my dad could go) from Buena Park and avoided the traffic. They live about 10-15 mins from Disneyland. Enjoy your road-trip!
Sponsored