Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Any Denver sc pickup folks want to share how they’ve been about submitting title paperwork etc?

Wondering how long it’s going to be before being able to plate the truck in the end.
Back in October Rivian sent out an email saying that Colorado was one of the states where you could ask to self-register rather than having Rivian's contractor do it. Assuming that's still available, I plan to go that route so I can get my specialty plates. Not sure if anyone recently has taken advantage of that though.
Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Given the transformer photo, this appears to be a Level 3 charging RAN site. Is that your understanding?
It will have DCFC (Level 3) here, yes.

speaking of specialty plates how does that work? Is there somewhere we can go to look up what’s taken?

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Any Denver sc pickup folks want to share how they’ve been about submitting title paperwork etc?

Wondering how long it’s going to be before being able to plate the truck in the end.
Quickest registration of any car I’ve bought. Truck delivered 12/23 and had plates 1/20. Totally painless. Except for the stupid Colorado use fee. What a racket.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Quickest registration of any car I’ve bought. Truck delivered 12/23 and had plates 1/20. Totally painless. Except for the stupid Colorado use fee. What a racket.
Please elaborate!

Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
The SC took care of all the paperwork and I got a DMV postcard in the mail. Went to the dmv with it, paid them a lot of money and they handed me my plates.
Haha I meant the Colorado use fee!

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Sorry it’s actually called specific ownership tax. It’s the one based on the cars value and how old it is.
Ah yes 2.1% of 75% of the MSRP! Should be about $1220. Ugh.

Bttrylfe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
Battery Energy Storage Project Manager

Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

The SC took care of all the paperwork and I got a DMV postcard in the mail. Went to the dmv with it, paid them a lot of money and they handed me my plates.
Interesting. Glad to see they're finally following the normal dealer practice for CO. Since you got the postcard, could you have finished registration online without going to the DMV?

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Cant do a new registration online, have to go in person. My guess is to get plates.
Oh well. At least it means you can get specialty plates now. In the beginning it sounded like Rivian was just doing everything themselves (via contractor) and forced everyone into the default plates.

BigginsCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T | El Cap Grey | 20" AT
Has anybody attempted to take their Rivian on the ice at Georgetown Lake during a Sunday Funday or Ice Racing event? https://ourgangiceracing.com/sunday-fun-day-track/

I am curious how a heavy R1 would do on the ice with normal tires and the Rivian snow or drift mode active?

dehmatrix

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE
Anyone interested in R1T floor mats with yellow logo?
Brand New, never used. Willing to trade for your stock "Chili Witch" floor mats if in excellent shape.
Located in Arvada.
Sponsored