Sponsored

Colorado Checking In

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
@Rhidan - sweet gumshoe work! Thanks for tracking that down. Based on the current state of that plot, I wonder what the timing is to have that site up and running relative to the delivery of R1T/S vehicles later this year?
I’m no expert, but I doubt this store would be open in 2021. They’ve only submitted a concept plan, and it looks like the city is requiring them to resubmit it. They would need to go through concept planning, submit a formal site development plan, and receive SDP approval before receiving the construction permits. In other words, they likely still have months of design and review before any construction could begin. The site also looks like it would need significant finish. It is currently a warehouse storing cement bags. That said, RJ’s New Years email said they would be “launching 10 experience centers across the US in 2021.” Maybe the key word is “launching.”

I am curious what this Rivian “store” will look like. Of note, this building is roughly the same square footage as the total square footage of the Laguna Theatre we’ve already seen plans for. The Laguna site will have a 100+ seat theatre for outdoor films and outdoor presentations, a cafe, but no actual vehicle sales on-site. The short project description suggests the Denver location will have vehicle sales and food and drink. They would certainly also have space for a small theatre and/or community space if that is the plan for this location. I wouldn’t expect the traditional “dealership” where they just fill their “showroom” with vehicles.
Sponsored

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
The timing of construction projects is beyond me, still trying to figure out why it is going to take 18 - 24 months to install a roundabout in one of the three roads I use to access my neighborhood, but I do wonder if they will stage it to get something up and running quickly.

They could do something as simple as cleaning up the parking lot just to have a place where they can set up some vehicles for days where people can come look at them and test drive them. They could build a partition inside, and polish a small part of the building and create a mini showroom.

Maybe that's just wishful thinking.

torgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Xterra Pro4X; R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Who else is in Fort Collins?
I don't live there, but it's the closest "big city" (>100k population) to us, so my wife and I would drive down pretty frequently pre-COVID when we felt like hanging out at a taproom!

photontorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Old Reliable
I’m no expert, but I doubt this store would be open in 2021. They’ve only submitted a concept plan, and it looks like the city is requiring them to resubmit it. They would need to go through concept planning, submit a formal site development plan, and receive SDP approval before receiving the construction permits. In other words, they likely still have months of design and review before any construction could begin. The site also looks like it would need significant finish. It is currently a warehouse storing cement bags.
I'll heave a sigh . . . along with an offer to Rivian to heave one of the cement bags to where it needs to be.

I wonder if they can build out a small lobby/desk area on a faster time scale to manage in-person vehicle showings. During this COVID time they can't have many people -- customers and employees -- in the office at once anyway, so naive optimism on my part has me crossing my fingers for a rapidly developed small space to meet pre-order holders on a reservation basis.

Yup, naive optimism.

Sponsored

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I continue to look for any signs of update on the potential Rivian store at 2900 Walnut in Denver.

Not much to report, but driving by recently it appears the building supply company that had occupied the building has moved out. The large parking lot at this site has been completely cleared, and a temporary fence has gone up around the building.

There has been no update on permits for this site. The concept plan that Rivian submitted was "Not Approved" for zoning review on 1/28/2021 with a note that comments "will be discussed with applicant at meeting." However, I don't think there will be serious zoning issues for this site. I would expect we will see Rivian submit a site development plan at some point. I still don't believe this potential store in Denver will be open for use in 2021. They might at least be able to use the large parking lot for deliveries, but I sort of doubt they would use an unfished lot like that.

I also selfishly hope Rivian puts in RAN charging stations at this site. Only a few blocks from my house and I would take advantage of those stations :)

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In 1614790700009

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I don't know much info, but I have a direct source that mentioned seeing some folks from Rivian on their flight into western CO last night from SLC... Things are happening.
Headed to Salida to work on the RAN?

discsinthesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Element
Headed to Salida to work on the RAN?
Could be, though I would think they'd try and get a little closer? The flight was into GJ. I was thinking Moab could be part of the agenda, but maybe they're looking in western CO, too, which would be cool for me. :)

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Haven’t been able to track down this in detail, but Governor Polis retweeted a tweet today stating that Rivian is installing charging stations in every Colorado state park

Edit:

Here is the Colorado Parks & Wildlife Agenda from a meeting today.

https://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Commission/2021/March/March_Agenda_Final-revised.pdf

Rivian presented on a EV Charging Station Memo of Understanding, but I have not found anything else on this.

There are over 40 Colorado state parks, so putting EV charging at *every* park would be remarkable

Last edited:

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Haven’t been able to track down this in detail, but Governor Polis retweeted a tweet today stating that Rivian is installing charging stations in every Colorado state park

Edit:

https://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Commission/2021/March/March_Agenda_Final-revised.pdf

Rivian presented on a EV Charging Station Memo of Understanding, but I have not found anything else on this.

There are over 40 Colorado state parks, so putting EV charging at *every* park would be remarkable

Was just about to post this, Huge news!

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470

Edit:

Great find. I'm going to assume that it may not mean DCFC, but the ability to drive to Staunton, charge during a 3 hour bike ride, and be ready for the drive home, would more than make me happy.

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
From the RAN blog post:
Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In 1616095034730

The I25, I70 and 160 corridors looks pretty well covered.

I'm going to guess:
Fort Collins
Boulder
Denver (2)
Colorado Springs
Walsenburg
Salida
Buena Vista
Breckenridge
Idaho Springs
Winter Park
Estes Park
Glenwood Springs
Aspen
Grand Junction
Montrose
Telluride
Ouray
Cortez
Durango
Pagosa Springs
Monte Vista? Del Norte? South Fork? One of those three

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
From the RAN blog post:
1616095034730.png

The I25, I70 and 160 corridors looks pretty well covered.

I'm going to guess:
Fort Collins
Boulder
Denver (2)
Colorado Springs
Walsenburg
Salida
Buena Vista
Breckenridge
Idaho Springs
Winter Park
Estes Park
Glenwood Springs
Aspen
Grand Junction
Montrose
Telluride
Ouray
Cortez
Durango
Pagosa Springs
Monte Vista? Del Norte? South Fork? One of those three
Would have really like to have seen something in Northwestern Colorado. Steamboat is notably missing . . .

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
Don't know why I didn't think to do this before... Resolution isn't great, but good enough.
Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In CO RAN
Sponsored